What's new

AX-3000 not recognizing Nest Cameras

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

jmgood38

New Around Here
I replaced my Spectrum wifi 6 router with an ASUS RT-AX3000. The new router works fine except it will not recognize my Nest Cameras. I've had no problems having other routers recognize the cameras. I am not tech savvy, so all the settings are default. I did up upgrade the firmware. Any ideas how to get the cameras woking? I have not contacted Nest or ASUS tech support.
Thanks in advance!

I replaced my Spectrum wifi 6 router with an ASUS RT-AX3000. The new router works fine except it will not recognize my Nest Cameras. I've had no problems having other routers recognize the cameras. I am not tech savvy, so all the settings are default. I did up upgrade the firmware. Any ideas how to get the cameras woking? I have not contacted Nest or ASUS tech support.
Thanks in advance!

Did you make sure the 2.4Ghz SSID (I'm assuming nest cams use 2.4 like most of them) is exactly the same as your old router? Since you updated the firmware, may not be a bad idea to do a hard factory reset of the router, depends what firmware was on there (how big of a step up you went).

May just need to reset the nests and reconnect them.

Thanks for responding. I was finally able to connect the cameras. I moved the router where it would be closer to the cameras. It took a little patience, but I got them working.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!