What's new

AX86U + RP-AX56

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Renzz

New Around Here
I have an AX86U with latest merlin firnware and i want to get RP-56AX just to extend 2.4ghz signal (will disable 5ghz).
My question is there any known issues using a router on merlin fw and connection a "mesh wireless node" which is not running merlin?
or it won't work in the first place?
Thanks ahead :)

Nodes don`t need to be running Asuswrt-Merlin.

I'm using a RT-AX86U with Merlin and a RP-AX56 for more than a year without problem, so go for it :)

I'm using a RT-AX86U with Merlin and a RP-AX56 for more than a year without problem, so go for it :)
Great.
In my case i only need to get better signal on 2.4Ghz for some smart devices, are you able to disable 5Ghz on the node (RP-AX56)?

Great.
In my case i only need to get better signal on 2.4Ghz for some smart devices, are you able to disable 5Ghz on the node (RP-AX56)?

I think so, in the AiMesh device Management in the GUI there is enable/disable buttons for the 2.4 and 5 band, I never tried it because mine is wireless and using the 5GHz band as the backhaul. If you are wired this should not be a problem.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!

Members online