1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice

Welcome To SNBForums

SNBForums is a community for anyone who wants to learn about or discuss the latest in wireless routers, network storage and the ins and outs of building and maintaining a small network.

If you'd like to post a question, simply register and have at it!

While you're at it, please check out SmallNetBuilder for product reviews and our famous Router Charts, Ranker and plenty more!

Bandwith Monitor not working in latest 384.8_2 on RT-AC68U

Discussion in 'Asuswrt-Merlin' started by rkk2025, Jan 11, 2019.

1. rkk2025

rkk2025 Occasional Visitor

Hi,
    Seems like the Bandwith Monitor in the QOS Section is not working anymore. It is showing most of the time a bandwith of 00.0 for both upload and download, every now and then it jumps to 0.01. I have dissabled HW acceleration, and in the Debug Console of Google Chrome I can see that getTraffic.asp returns values like router_traffic = ["40685", "203580"];. Altough during the first few seconds after a page refresh it usually shows "0","0" values, as if it would be warming up or something.

Cache is cleared in the browser, and I also tested it in Firefox, with the same result. I do see a Javascript error that happens on all pages:

Unchecked runtime.lastError: The message port closed before a response was received.

Not sure if that's related or not. Any idea of what is going on here?

EDIT: Now it seems to work. Seems like if it looses track of some device it's unable to track the network traffic of it.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2019