What's new

best ax router so far ?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

aliitp

Occasional Visitor
am looking to get a new AX router now (though the new 6E standard looks much more attractive tbh..) i was advised to get the:

AX86U​

but can no longer find that model where i live i could only find the:

AX86S​

i read this model got less RAM and processing power, its sold here for around 273 USD, should i get it or ger a better router ?

am not a hardcore gamer, but i occasionally game and demand the fastest WLAN speed possible and yes i live in a small 75m square apartment but need to get a future proof router like my 7+ yo R7000 !

advise appreciated..

Asus is not the only vendor that supports 11ax/WiFi6(e) equipment.
Can you recommend a specific device then?

Those who replied recommended Asus devices because those are the ones we are familiar with. Personally I'm not going to recommend a particular, say, Ubiquity device, because I've never had one in my hands.

Agreed there is no overall 'absolute' best for every single WiFi environment/network.

But the routers in the link below are known to provide above-average performance, reliability, and stability for the cost in an appropriate WiFi environment. With the RT-AX86U offering the best bang for the buck, overall, particularly (but not just), when it is on sale.

But that is why the suggestions are offered with 'and be sure to test in your environment to be sure it performs to your satisfaction too'. Nobody can expect the benefits offered by the various recommended models to apply to every single situation, after all.

Current Order of Recommended Routers Late 2021

It's a fool's effort to think otherwise.

"There are really no other options other than the 4 models Asus offers (and RMerlin support, of course)".

When you get the router, make sure the Reset button works properly. This button is part of your Asus experience.

;)

That's funny!!

I have a special Experience Enhancer tool developed for this purpose. Bamboo material imported from Japan, hand-crafted in Canada:

Untitled_pin.png

Note the smooth edges - very important for both your fingers and the Reset button health. Note the slight discoloration - it's regularly used with amazing results, very durable. I have the blueprints available. Gaming edition with Aura RGB lights is coming soon. It outresets the competition.

Taking quotes from the wrong person and out of context isn't helpful or cute.

I'm helping @sfx2000 understand SNB forum basics. He perhaps knows already though.

By the way, I have an Experience Enhancer tool for "commercial" applications, in case someone is interested. ;)

I don't think there is an overall "best" 11ax/WiFi6 router that meets the needs of every forum member and visitor here...

It's a fool's effort to think otherwise.
The OP wasn't necessarily conducting a survey as to which router is the best router overall, he was looking for buying recommendations. He mentioned his basic needs in his post.

Ok. I think the question has been answered to the extent that it will be in what is a forum with a strong preference for ASUS products (although that is not its intent).

Ok. I think the question has been answered to the extent that it will be in what is a forum with a strong preference for ASUS products (although that is not its intent).
Also, considering the OP hasn't come back since responses were posted means it's a dead thread as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!