What's new

[Beta 384/NG] Asuswrt-Merlin 384.3 Beta is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear Merlin,
I thank you very much for the hard and appreciated work that you are doing, but at this turn I "step".
Too many problems, too mach "beating on ground" and instabilities with these beta versions on my RT-AC68U router.

I will participate later.. when there will be an integration with Asus GPL_384.20308 and a greater clarity, completeness and stability.
I'm really sorry, a hug
stambeccuccio

Whilst everyone’s experience will be different and beta software is all about testing anyway, I’m amazed you’ve had such a bad experience.

We probably use different features, however my own RT-AC68U has been rock solid on the 384 builds and performs the best it ever has.

Thank you RMerlin

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone here have many many devices with xbox ones in the mix? 382 is non functional on my ac3100. Xboxes will not connect or very intermittent non functional as well wifi was very poor.

I have QOS enabled I use bandwidth limiter for my ps4, 20 up 10 down. I also have 2 other ps4's that are on at the same time and I have no issues at all with them connecting at the same time. I have spectrum internet have about 18 devices that are connected to my router not all at the same time, but the ps4's are used around the same time and my wife streams netflix, and laptops, etc, etc and have had no issues at all.

Now mind you I do not use all of the router fuctions other than QOS and the basic settings. I don't have a nas, or usb connected to it, just basic use.

I am on 382.1 Merlin build and use the QOS . fq_codel, WAn packet overhead is Cable and the ATM is set at 18 and unchecked under bandwidth limiter settings.

Maybe you need to reset router and reflash the FW, start fresh???

I have QOS enabled I use bandwidth limiter for my ps4, 20 up 10 down. I also have 2 other ps4's that are on at the same time and I have no issues at all with them connecting at the same time. I have spectrum internet have about 18 devices that are connected to my router not all at the same time, but the ps4's are used around the same time and my wife streams netflix, and laptops, etc, etc and have had no issues at all.

Now mind you I do not use all of the router fuctions other than QOS and the basic settings. I don't have a nas, or usb connected to it, just basic use.

I am on 382.1 Merlin build and use the QOS . fq_codel, WAn packet overhead is Cable and the ATM is set at 18 and unchecked under bandwidth limiter settings.

Maybe you need to reset router and reflash the FW, start fresh???

Thank you for the reply I am going to down load both new releases and try them with one setting different that Merlin suggested I try.

Beta 2 works okay. Traffic Analyzer wireless still shows just fine, bonding doesn't. Stability seems okay, and Adaptive QoS working with little to no bufferbloat. Can't wait to see 20308 merged! :)

RT-AC1900P - On the Adaptive QOS/Bandwidth Monitor tab, the dials are reporting opposite traffic, i.e., up is down.
sounds like something I opened a bug ticket for with asus for their stock f/w a year ago. Is it only for wifi or or Ethernet or both? I guess they ignored it.

Having an issue with Firefox 58.02 with Beta 2 on my AC88u which was fine on Beta 1 and all previous versions of the firmware.
I can't access via HTTPS but works ok in Chrome, the HTTP site is fine

Has there been some change in the certs?

upload_2018-2-9_21-5-55.png

Then
upload_2018-2-9_21-6-57.png

Hey @RMerlin this latest beta 2 is awesome! Very stable! I have no problems not even some of the problems discussed.

Just before updating from 384.3 Beta 1 to Beta 2 I noticed that the "Manually Assigned IP around the DHCP list" list is empty.

I have nvram saved with John's tool. (How) can I restore this list?

The nvram variables dhcp_shost, dhcp_shost1, dhcp_shost2, and dhcp_shost3 actually already/still contain the values I see in the nvram-all-*.txt file... (and expected to be in the list)

However the list is empty in both Beta 1 and Beta 2.

Having an issue with Firefox 58.02 with Beta 2 on my AC88u which was fine on Beta 1 and all previous versions of the firmware.

View attachment 11912

Then
View attachment 11913

I am using RT-AC68U with Merlin firmware 384.3 beta 2 and had the same issue when setting administration log in with HTTPS only. It worked fine with all browsers and platforms (Windows 10, Android 6.0+) then suddenly it corrupted with them all. I had to reset the router and reconfigured it to BOTH HTTP and HTTPS to make it work smoothly since then. I think you may try that option or ask Merlin if you prefer HTTPS authentication.

After updating to 384.3_beta2 can't get ctf+ fa for nat. did i do something wrong?

View attachment 11912

Then
View attachment 11913

Unrelated to beta 2, this has been a problem since the last Firefox release.

The nvram variables dhcp_shost, dhcp_shost1, dhcp_shost2, and dhcp_shost3 actually already/still contain the values I see in the nvram-all-*.txt file... (and expected to be in the list)

However the list is empty in both Beta 1 and Beta 2.

Those variables are no longer used in 384.3.

Updated my two RT-AC68U's (Router and Access Point) from 380.69.2 to 384.3 Beta. Working great! Thanks Merlin!
Donated a meager amount again to show my appreciation of the work involved to maintain this effort. Encourage others to do the same to make it worth his while.

Updated my two RT-AC68U's (Router and Access Point) from 380.69.2 to 384.3 Beta. Working great! Thanks Merlin!
Donated a meager amount again to show my appreciation of the work involved to maintain this effort. Encourage others to do the same to make it worth his while.

Yep Will do. I buy Asus mainly because awesome support from Merlin :D.

Ken Firch, do you see HW acceleration: ctf+ fa. I don't; though internet speeds have gone way up.

I've noticed since the 382.x betas I can no longer see the NTFS sparse support in SMB options menu on my AC68U. If I load the page in chrome and stop loading quick enough, it appears but during normal page load it disappears. Or I let the page load, and there's no NTFS sparse support option, if I export the page to HTML then it can be seen there.

And yes I do have a HDD mounted and formatted to NTFS.

That setting is only available for the Paragon NTFS driver, which is used by the RT-N66U and RT-AC66U.

I have all the network sharing stuff disabled but my Mac still shows the router as a network share, is there something not working right in regards to disabling network shares?

I have the AC86U.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!