What's new

[Beta 384/NG] Asuswrt-Merlin 384.3 Beta is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
This spam message appears in the log just after disabling the 5G radio band and disappears when reactivated :

Feb 11 00:50:55 lldpd[292]: unable to send packet on real device for eth2: No buffer space available
Feb 11 00:51:05 lldpd[292]: unable to send packet on real device for eth2: No buffer space available
Feb 11 00:51:15 lldpd[292]: unable to send packet on real device for eth2: No buffer space available

There's already 6 or 7 posts on these forums about this specific error message. Just ignore these.

I’ve set everything from scratch and the problem persists. I don’t know if this can affect the functionality of AIProtection or cause any other kind of problems.

I’ve found that the problem appears when OpenVPN server is enabled. If It helps, just the message above the error lines in log shows a time disparity

Feb 11 12:15:45 ovpn-server1[1105]: Initialization Sequence Completed
Feb 11 12:15:47 crond[333]: time disparity of 521955 minutes detected
Feb 11 12:15:47 kernel: tdts_udb: Unknown parameter `44'
Feb 11 12:15:48 kernel: tdts_udbfw: Unknown symbol udb_shell_ct_event_handler (err 0)
Feb 11 12:15:48 kernel: tdts_udbfw: Unknown symbol udb_shell_update_devid_un_bootp (err 0)...

With OpenVPN disabled boot log is clean and AiProtection module load fine.

I’ve found that the problem appears when OpenVPN server is enabled. If It helps, just the message above the error lines in log shows a time disparity

Feb 11 12:15:45 ovpn-server1[1105]: Initialization Sequence Completed
Feb 11 12:15:47 crond[333]: time disparity of 521955 minutes detected
Feb 11 12:15:47 kernel: tdts_udb: Unknown parameter `44'
Feb 11 12:15:48 kernel: tdts_udbfw: Unknown symbol udb_shell_ct_event_handler (err 0)
Feb 11 12:15:48 kernel: tdts_udbfw: Unknown symbol udb_shell_update_devid_un_bootp (err 0)...

With OpenVPN disabled boot log is clean and AiProtection module load fine.

I have had the same time disparity error appear when openvpn is enabled.
I have 2 vpn connections running, 2 devices on one and 1 device on the other and both connections are running very well.
I also have aiprotection enabled and parental controls setup for a number of devices and all is running very well.
All in all everything is running great except for the issue with guest network not working.
I’m using the AC68U.

I'm using 384.3 beta 2 on 2 AC86U routers. I created a OpenVPN connection (UDP) between these routers, one 100/100 mbit down/up and the other 200/20 mbit down/up. When copying files from router 1 I can max out the upload (100mb) and when copying from router 2 I can also max the upload (20mb). But when running these copies simultaneously, the speeds are lower and the cpu's of the routers are far from max used.
Any idea how this can happen?

Another question. I used 380.69 before on a AC68U router and I was able to fill the names for my devices in the manually dhcp list. With 384.3 beta 3 (and beta 1), I'm not able to do that anymore, just for the first about 30 entries. The other entries show the mac address or "new device". This is annoying because in the Asus up you see these mac addresses instead of the names.
Is this something that can/will be fixed?

I have 2 vpn connections running, 2 devices on one and 1 device on the other and both connections are running very well.
I also have aiprotection enabled and parental controls setup for a number of devices and all is running very well.
All in all everything is running great except for the issue with guest network not working.
I’m using the AC68U.

Can check if you can see these error lines in your log after reboot?

B67E4FB5-24EA-40FD-8687-556C6342169F.png
Can check if you can see these error lines in your log after reboot?

I rebooted my AC68U this morning and got the odd error but the system appears to be running well.

I’m using the AC68U.

That message is normal. OpenVPN sets up a cron job, and since cron was initially started before the clock was set, it will report that its own clock has just been adjusted.

That message is normal. OpenVPN sets up a cron job, and since cron was initially started before the clock was set, it will report that its own clock has just been adjusted.

Thanks RMerlin.

384.3 beta 3 is now available:

Code:
f12411e webui: don't insert FAQ urls into disabled links on OpenVPN server page
970f4e3 cfgsync: move cert generation to a dedicated script, and generate it at service launch
185fb29 cfgsync: hex-edit key.pem to use key.cfg instead
db3c6f9 Bumped revision to beta 3

I upgraded my RT-AC56U to 384.3 beta 3 from 380.69.2. Did not factory reset (I will after the final version if I don't have to in the meantime).
I've had no issues so far. The only error I saw in the log was: kernel: *** ERROR: [tdts_shell_ioctl_sig_op_load:95] tdts_core_rule_parsing_trf_load() fail!
Searching for that error results in this, and then I realized I don't see the signature row on the upgrade page anymore. It doesn't bother me and I don't use AiProtection. I just wanted to report it in case it's a bug.

I upgraded my RT-AC56U to 384.3 beta 3 from 380.69.2. Did not factory reset (I will after the final version if I don't have to in the meantime).
I've had no issues so far. The only error I saw in the log was: kernel: *** ERROR: [tdts_shell_ioctl_sig_op_load:95] tdts_core_rule_parsing_trf_load() fail!
Searching for that error results in this, and then I realized I don't see the signature row on the upgrade page anymore. It doesn't bother me and I don't use AiProtection. I just wanted to report it in case it's a bug.

Delete the existing rule.trf signature in /jffs .

@RMerlin installed 384.3 beta 3 and configured on both AC68U and AC3100 no problem with anything!

I started using Asuswrt-Merlin with 380.xx codebase on my AC-68U. I am planning to upgrade when a stable version of 384.xx codebase is available. There are some common FAQ regarding upgrade to a different codebase like 3384.xx that I have. These information are in the forum but they are sparse. I think a wiki page in github would help consolidate the information and reduce number of redundant questions.

I am listing some common questions as a starter.
  • What happens to my /jffs partition if I upgrade?
  • Do I have to backup /jffs partition before I upgrade?
  • If the codebase of the upgrade is different, how that effects the restoration of /jffs partition after upgrade?
  • In which scenario a factory reset necessary and how to do that?
  • When is NVRAM backup and restore recommended and when not?

That setting is only available for the Paragon NTFS driver, which is used by the RT-N66U and RT-AC66U.
How come I had that option in the stable build (can't remember if it was 380.xx or 382.xx)? I even enabled it when I had that option at that time and looking at saved HTML of the current beta build on my router shows it's enabled.

Installed my new RT-AC86U today from major USA retailer. On first power up, on upper r/h corner has to flip the language from Chinese to English. The docs in the box all Chinese, no English docs...hhmmm.
Firmware that installed itself was 3.0.0.4 384_20308. After a factory default reset via panel, then via WPS button (did both...) then installed Merlin's 384 beta 3 which had just came out for the AC86U. After a factory default reset and power up, came up in Chinese language and no way to flip to English. I just entered data in panels to get to the home panel, then in the upper right panel, then a language option to change from Chinese to English. But this didn't work, soon as I select English, forced off the browser connection and when I logged back on again via Chinese language logon panel language, Home panel still showing Chinese.
I then installed Merlin's older firmware 382.1_2 and after a factory default reset it came up in Chinese language again. But this time hacking through to the Home Panel I was able to change the language from Chinese to English which occurred immediately!! (yippee...)
That was some excitement I didn't need to a Sunday evening, any ideas what's going on here and to avoid a repeat? Attached the first two screen panels you always get on power up, then the Home Screen in Chinese.

Attachments

• Logon 1.jpg
    Logon 1.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 578
  • Logon 2.jpg
    Logon 2.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 670
  • Logon 3.jpg
    Logon 3.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 557
Installed my new RT-AC86U today from major USA retailer. On first power up, on upper r/h corner has to flip the language from Chinese to English. The docs in the box all Chinese, no English docs...hhmmm.
Firmware that installed itself was 3.0.0.4 384_20308. After a factory default reset via panel, then via WPS button (did both...) then installed Merlin's 384 beta 3 which had just came out for the AC86U. After a factory default reset and power up, came up in Chinese language and no way to flip to English. I just entered data in panels to get to the home panel, then in the upper right panel, then a language option to change from Chinese to English. But this didn't work, soon as I select English, forced off the browser connection and when I logged back on again via Chinese language logon panel language, Home panel still showing Chinese.
I then installed Merlin's older firmware 382.1_2 and after a factory default reset it came up in Chinese language again. But this time hacking through to the Home Panel I was able to change the language from Chinese to English which occurred immediately!! (yippee...)
That was some excitement I didn't need to a Sunday evening, any ideas what's going on here and to avoid a repeat? Attached the first two screen panels you always get on power up, then the Home Screen in Chinese.
It appears that you got a router that is designated for a Chinese market. I'm not sure it will work with Merlin's firmware or if it will even perform to US WiFi specifications.

..., any ideas what's going on here and to avoid a repeat?
Just curious, what the territory_code ?
Code:
# nvram get territory_code
US/02

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!