What's new

[Beta 384/NG] Asuswrt-Merlin 384.3 Beta is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why do you keep reporting this after every update (and now even in bold), even if it's not mentioned as a fix in the changelog?

Probably because of @RMerlin's post #2

upload_2018-2-9_9-28-1.png

P.S. Whilst I haven't found the need to change my 6 Guest network definitions, I can confirm that the failure to 'service restart_wireless' exists, so may be a (understandable) minor oversight when Beta2 was built?

Similar, but AiMesh doesn't work with Merlin firmware. Also, I tried AiMesh with wired backhaul at our church, but I reverted to traditional wired access points (still wired backhaul) -- I concluded that AiMesh is still quite flaky.

Thank you for your information! I'm going to check this weekend if it works well here. (AiMesh with RT-AC68U and RT-AC87U)

@RMerlin Once again many thanks for all your hard work and all those helping with testing. Upgraded from 380.69_2 on my RT-AC3200 to 384.3 beta and now beta 2 without reconfiguring and all working fine so far !!

Anyone here have many many devices with xbox ones in the mix? 382 is non functional on my ac3100. Xboxes will not connect or very intermittent non functional as well wifi was very poor.

I love the idea of adaptive QOS I have mine setup to gaming with priority. My problem is I have lag if people are streaming or doing anything while I am gaming
AC3100. Is there a way to modify QOS so it actually gives much higher priority to gaming. I play Destiny 2 right now. Do I have to buy a Enterprise level router to get the expected performance?

@Treadler, your reboot observation makes sense, "A router reboot wipes all the time settings from the scheduler." I've been running a router reboot at night after the wifi scheduler deny time was set to take effect, and, it looks like the router reboot, on the latest stock firmware is wiping both 2.4 and 5 Ghz wifi time scheduler settings away, resulting in the wifi being available at all times. Maybe it was the same on the previous version and I didn't notice it. Its possible.

Last edited:
I love the idea of adaptive QOS I have mine setup to gaming with priority. My problem is I have lag if people are streaming or doing anything while I am gaming
AC3100. Is there a way to modify QOS so it actually gives much higher priority to gaming. I play Destiny 2 right now. Do I have to buy a Enterprise level router to get the expected performance?
Check out this thread to fix the QOS.

https://www.snbforums.com/threads/r...-and-inner-workings.36836/page-39#post-380074

.S. Whilst I haven't found the need to change my 6 Guest network definitions, I can confirm that the failure to 'service restart_wireless' exists, so may be a (understandable) minor oversight when Beta2 was built?

I fixed the basic issue (cfgsync was missing its cert), but there's a fault in Asus's design where that cert probably only gets generated if you enable HTTPS support with a self-signed certificate. Complete resolution will require figuring out a way to backport the fix from 384_20287 where they use a dedicated script to generate that cert rather than rely on gencert.sh - I don't know yet how to implement this since the cfgsync code is closed source, so for now I just backported the partial fix from 384_10070.

Still no love for every posts I've made in the past stating that the RT-AC5300 will NOT be supported by 384.3?

Sorry I didn’t notice that...the only thing ive read was its not supported due to source code not released, but now it is thats why i asked, any future plans then? And may i ask why wouldn’t it be supported?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry I didn’t notice that...the only thing ive read was its not supported due to source code not released, but now it is thats why i asked, any future plans then? And may i ask why wouldn’t it be supported?

Same as with RT-AC87U: the source code was released too late during the 384.3 development cycle, supporting it would have required me to ditch 2+ weeks of work and start all over again with a new GPL.

384.3 is based on 384_10070, with the models already supported by that specific GPL (and previous ones). New models introduced in 384_20287 will have to wait for 384.4, which should be based on 384_20308 (which I only just got the GPL this morning).

Same as with RT-AC87U: the source code was released too late during the 384.3 development cycle, supporting it would have required me to ditch 2+ weeks of work and start all over again with a new GPL.

384.3 is based on 384_10070, with the models already supported by that specific GPL (and previous ones). New models introduced in 384_20287 will have to wait for 384.4, which should be based on 384_30308 (which I only just got the GPL this morning).

Got it, thank you so much for your efforts and response...will be impatiently waiting for your awesomeness :)

I think what Merlin meant is, it's too late in the process to include AC5300 to 384.3 build. Since the GPL just came out he'll probably include AC5300 for the next build (384.4) based from 384_20287 GPL.

Dear Merlin,
I thank you very much for the hard and appreciated work that you are doing, but at this turn I "step".
Too many problems, too mach "beating on ground" and instabilities with these beta versions on my RT-AC68U router.

I will participate later.. when there will be an integration with Asus GPL_384.20308 and a greater clarity, completeness and stability.
I'm really sorry, a hug
stambeccuccio

Feb 8th: Beta 2 is now available

Asuswrt-Merlin 384.3 Beta is now available for download.

The highlights:
  • Merge with GPL 384_10007 (note: AiMesh is NOT supported)
[…]

Well speaking for myself, we don't need an AI 'mesh network' in our home, we simply need a *reliable* router with fast & stable wifi. All of these other fancy features (that most people don't use) just add layers of complexity to the firmware that can lead to future bugs and unstable code, imo. I also don't need VPN, AiProtection, AiCloud, AiDisk, Media Servers, et al. So I certainly won't be requesting support for AiMesh or any of the other AiBloatware.

That said, I appreciate your work, for fixing & enhancing code that teams of Asus engineers manage to make a mess of.

Last edited by a moderator:
The firmware works If I default settings reset and just change the login and password. If I start changing things the router starts to turtle and does not work properly, after all the settings I want and rebooting or not the router is basically useless.
That is for 382 and 384.

I modified the location of the private key used by cfg_server by using an hex editor. This allowed me to separate the httpd keypair from the cfg_server one.

In the meantime, enabling webui access for both http and https should resolve the config saving issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!