What's new

[Beta] Asuswrt-Merlin 380.62 Beta is available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I report that "Network Map" is updated only after about 10" and sometimes takes longer.
This happens either on the screen "client status" and also on the screen "View List".
In truth, this "problem" it's nothing new, it was also present in previous versions.

Scanning the whole network takes some time, this is normal.

Yet one of the previous changes was to accommodate names with them?
I believe that the RFC specifies letters, digits, and dashes only as valid characters.

Last edited:
Reserved post.

Hi Merlin,

First many thanks for all the work on the firmware, it is of course hugely appreciated.

I think there may be a problem with OpenVPN client policy routing on the latest release (and possibly those before though I've only tried 380.61) I get a VPN up between my client network (an AC 56U on 192.168.2.x) and my server (an AC68 on 10.9.47.x) but traffic from the client network, say pings from 192.168.2.180 to 10.9.47.1, seem to be sent outside of the tunnel, and of course fail, when policy routing is on and defined as 192.168.2.1/24 source and 10.9.47.1/24 destination...which I would think would force the traffic through the tunnel.

When I select 're-direct all Internet traffic' on the client then they start to work as expected, as does other traffic.

I could of course well be doing something wrong here but it does seem to be an issue.

Kind regards

Andy

Reserved post.
I received an email from ASUS about new firmware containg security updates for my AC66. It is version 3.0.0.4.380.4005. I am currently using Merlin 3.61. Do I need to be concerned? Should i do anything? Thanks!

I'm used to flashing phone firmware. What level of stability does this have coming from stock?

Merlin flashes just like stock except better. I would've left asus years ago without Merlin. I was about to return my router years ago then found Merlin, haven't looked back. Bought 4 models since because of Merlin.

I received an email from ASUS about new firmware containg security updates for my AC66. It is version 3.0.0.4.380.4005. I am currently using Merlin 3.61. Do I need to be concerned? Should i do anything? Thanks!

The beta includes the patch

I have nano installed via Entware .... should i remove it prior to upgrade to 360.62?

When i try to use nano i get the following error:

Code:
ASUSWRT-Merlin RT-AC68U 380.62-beta1-g7d0d688 Wed Sep 14 21:38:26 UTC 2016
admin@RT-AC68U:/tmp/home/root# nano
Error opening terminal: xterm-256color.

Router model: AC68U
I don't use entware (didn't install nano before).
I did a factory reset after installing alpha1 and just updated to the beta without reset.
AB-solution is installed.

When i try to use nano i get the following error:

Code:
ASUSWRT-Merlin RT-AC68U 380.62-beta1-g7d0d688 Wed Sep 14 21:38:26 UTC 2016
admin@RT-AC68U:/tmp/home/root# nano
Error opening terminal: xterm-256color.

Router model: AC68U
I don't use entware (didn't install nano before).
I did a factory reset after installing alpha1 and just updated to the beta without reset.
AB-solution is installed.

I just tried nano on my RT-AC68U and it seemed to work fine and I don't use entware. I was using Putty in Windows 7 Pro. Perhaps it is the client you are using to telnet in?

I just tried nano on my RT-AC68U and it seemed to work fine and I don't use entware. I was using Putty in Windows 7 Pro. Perhaps it is the client you are using to telnet in?
You are right:
Terminal.app on mac: ERROR
iTerm on mac: ERROR
Terminal on Arch-Linux: OK

But why?
nano works on every other machine i ssh into with my mac???

EDIT: solved it by setting "xterm" instead of "xterm-256color" in Terminal's preferences..
still weird?!

With the .61 even though WPS was disabled my phone said it was enabled for the 5G. Fixed now. Thank you!

You are right:
Terminal.app on mac: ERROR
iTerm on mac: ERROR
Terminal on Arch-Linux: OK

But why?
nano works on every other machine i ssh into with my mac???

EDIT: solved it by setting "xterm" instead of "xterm-256color" in Terminal's preferences..
still weird?!

Supporting every available terminal definitions would take a couple of megabytes of wasted flash space. I only support the most common ones, such as xterm and linux. Simply set your terminal client to use one of these.

I have nano installed via Entware .... should i remove it prior to upgrade to 360.62?

Up to you. You could keep using the entware version, or you can uninstall it after you've flashed 380.62.

Up to you. You could keep using the entware version, or you can uninstall it after you've flashed 380.62.
Ok...lets say i kept the Entware version..... if i ssh into the router and type nano...which one would open?
Theres no conflict?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!