What's new

[Beta] Asuswrt-Merlin 382.1 Beta is available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
just found this in the logs, not sure if its bad

Code:
Oct 25 05:57:58 kernel: nf_conntrack: automatic helper assignment is deprecated and it will be removed soon. Use the iptables CT target to attach helpers instead.

@RMerlin
beta2 on RT-AC86U, IPTV STB port feature does not work at all.
There is a difference between stock and merlin firmware

When I set the Choose IPTV STB Port on stock firmware, I can see the message
Enable multicast routing (IGMP Proxy) Disable (Due to hardware limitation, IGMP proxy cant co-exist with IPTV function.)

I've tried beta 2 and I still have the same issues with beta 1.

- Traffic is not being classified correctly, as an example Twitch is classified as "Net Control Packets", most of the time YouTube classified as "Web Surfing"
- If firewall starts because of a reason like applying QoS settings, all traffic classified as "Default" only reboot fix this.

I've also check without FreshJR's script it still same. FreshJR's script doesn't work anyway :)

The issue is when minidlna is launched as a background service, it crashes when detaching itself from the parent process. It was working when I was running it manually for debugging because I was telling it then not to detach itself, so I could get the debug output.

In any case, the issue was simply a bad compile that had USE_DAEMON enabled in minidlna, the issue disappears once the firmware gets recompiled.

feedback following update: updated to beta2 DLNA still not working on ac88u

Working fine on my shiny new rt-ac86u, no problems in my limited use.
As an aside, wondering why Tim hasn't reviewed this unit yet. Already seeing price drop. I got the last ne at microcenter for $168.

Update: lost IPv6, was working after setting up and rebooting, jus checked and it's not working.

Last edited:
On RT-AC86U, unless I set no-resolv on dnsmasq.conf.add but router still using wan dns options.
It seems related with /tmp/resolv.dnsmasq

feedback following update: updated to beta2 DLNA still not working on ac88u

The broken build system once again re-added the stupid USE_DAEMON setting at build time, despite never adding it during my previous build test runs. I'll completely rip it out of the autoconf file to completely be done with it.

On RT-AC86U, unless I set no-resolv on dnsmasq.conf.add but router still using wan dns options.

I don't understand what you are saying, can you rephrase that?

One more bug, turn on Ai protection + reboot -> samba speed stuck at 11~15MB, if I restart Ai protection then speed back to normal.

I don't understand what you are saying, can you rephrase that?

I set the no-resolv and server=127.0.0.1#65053 for dnscrypt. But router still uses 208.67.222.222, 208.67.220.220 on WAN DNS settings.

My AC1900P has nothing on /tmp/resolv.dnsmasq, but AC86U has something.

cat /tmp/resolv.dnsmasq
server=208.67.222.222
server=208.67.220.220

dnsmasq[764]: started, version 2.78 cachesize 1500
dnsmasq[764]: warning: ignoring resolv-file flag because no-resolv is set
dnsmasq[764]: using nameserver 208.67.220.220#53
dnsmasq[764]: using nameserver 208.67.222.222#53
dnsmasq[764]: using nameserver 127.0.0.1#65053

It may be too early to know at this point but I figured I would ask - Does anyone know what features affect Flow Cache and Runner?

That is, what features when activated will de-activate Flow Cache and Runner? It appears AiProtection and Adaptive QoS turn off Runner but not Flow Cache with the 392.1 Beta's 1 and 2. Any other insights? The AC86U platform is the fastest I have seen both in OpenVPN performance and QoS compared to the AC68U and AC88U that I have which I am very pleased about. It also seems as stable as the AC68U is with 380 code with the 382-based code. It may be that the 1.8Ghz dual core processor and how the 382 kernel and code use it and the available memory may not necessitate the need for Runner to be activated as often as with older platforms and code for certain tasks. I just wanted to get an idea of the impact the new Runner and Flow Cache have in real world usage. Flow Cache seems to be the one least affected by activation of all the router's features.

It may be too early to know at this point but I figured I would ask - Does anyone know what features affect Flow Cache and Runner?

That is, what features when activated will de-activate Flow Cache and Runner? It appears AiProtection and Adaptive QoS turn off Runner but not Flow Cache with the 392.1 Beta's 1 and 2. Any other insights? The AC86U platform is the fastest I have seen both in OpenVPN performance and QoS compared to the AC68U and AC88U that I have which I am very pleased about. It also seems as stable as the AC68U is with 380 code with the 382-based code. It may be that the 1.8Ghz dual core processor and how the 382 kernel and code use it and the available memory may not necessitate the need for Runner to be activated as often as with older platforms and code for certain tasks. I just wanted to get an idea of the impact the new Runner and Flow Cache have in real world usage. Flow Cache seems to be the one least affected by activation of all the router's features.
Their replacements. For FA and CTF aka Flow Acceleration and Cut Through Forwarding.

Beta 2 / Ac3100/5Ghz Wifi Drops, no issues Beta 1
here we go again lol, your not the first person to have wifi issues with a firmware update my advice is to check your devices and try a factory reset.

- Traffic is not being classified correctly, as an example Twitch is classified as "Net Control Packets", most of the time YouTube classified as "Web Surfing"
- If firewall starts because of a reason like applying QoS settings, all traffic classified as "Default" only reboot fix this.

I've also check without FreshJR's script it still same. FreshJR's script doesn't work anyway :)
qos has changed since fresh last updated it so it confirms my suspicions about qos.

I seem to recall that even after a factory reset "runner_disable=1" was still set in "nvram show" whereas I have always seen "fc_disable=0" even though I have most things enabled - AI Protection, Adaptive QOS, Traffic Analyzer, OpenVPN Server.

I think the traffic classification is closed source and out of RMerlins's control.

@RMerlin

Main router: AC86U
AP: AC1900P

AC86U in setting: Wireless->Professional->Roaming assistant

Could you allow the use of using a lower dBm then -70

Reason: it's causing my clients to be connected with too weak of a signal when I'd like them to switch to my closer AP with a stronger signal.
When I try to change this setting a message of "Please enter a value between -90 to -70" appears.

I'm using HGGomes firmware on my AP 1900P, which allows a lower value to be set. I need this ability on my 86U as well for my setup work properly, otherwise most of my clients stay connected to the weaker signal router and gives bad wireless throughput.

Last edited by a moderator:
@RMerlin

Main router: AC86U
AP: AC1900P

AC86U in setting: Wireless->Professional->Roaming assistant

Could you allow the use of using a lower dBm then -70

Reason: it's causing my clients to be connected with too weak of a signal when I'd like them to switch to my closer AP with a stronger signal.
When I try to change this setting a message of "Please enter a value between -90 to -70" appears.

I'm using HGGomes firmware on my AP 1900P, which allows a lower value to be set. I need this ability on my 86U as well for my setup work properly, otherwise most of my clients stay connected to the weaker signal router and gives bad wireless throughput.

I think what you're looking for is under Network Tools | Smart Connect Rule. Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't -90 less than -70?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!