What's new

[Beta] Asuswrt-Merlin 384.11 Beta is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I enable dnssec and dot on my AC86U with lan ip as 192.168.1.1

after insert " - 192.168.1.1@53 " after the line "listen:" of the stubby.xml and restart stubby
the stubby of the router will answer dns query from openvpn clients.

then I try to add a file "stubby.postconf" under /jffs/scripts/ with the follow content
----
#!/bin/sh
CONFIG=$1
source /usr/sbin/helper.sh
pc_insert "listen_addresses:" "- 192.168.1.1@53 " $CONFIG

-----
I cannot see any change for the file /etc/stubby/stubby.xml after restart the router
and stubyy still no listen to 192.168.1.1

Thanks

Last edited:

after insert " - 192.168.1.1@53 " after the line "listen:" of the stubby.xml and restart stubby

then I try to add a file "stubby.postconf" under /jffs/scripts/ with the follow content
----
#!/bin/sh
CONFIG=$1

-----
I cannot see any change for the file /etc/stubby/stubby.xml after restart the router

Thanks
When left blank lan ip should default as 192.168.1.1 and there is an option to advertise it too.

Sorry Eric, I'm struggling to understand how my browser's console would have anything to do with the timing of IPTV settings getting applied during a reboot. Can you explain please sir?

If the page fails to load properly, then there must be a Javascript error breaking it.

When left blank lan ip should default as 192.168.1.1 and there is an option to advertise it too.

No option for

I can't find this option.
A push the router lan IP to openvpn client.
It will not answer any DNS query from van client. But if I add the lan IP in the stubby.xml and restart it, it will answer.

If the page fails to load properly, then there must be a Javascript error breaking it.
Ok we have a misunderstanding here, what I mean is the "IPTV settings" (I have selected and shown you in the screenshot) are being loaded very late, in the router's boot process. I have no issue with the page loading at all. I just want the settings, on that page, to be applied sooner during the reboot process. Sorry to have made this more complicated than it is. I use "IPTV Settings" to retrieve a DHCP address from my Internet service provider.

Ok we have a misunderstanding here, what I mean is the "IPTV settings" (I have selected and shown you in the screenshot) are being loaded very late, in the router's boot process. I have no issue with the page loading at all. I just want the settings, on that page, to be applied sooner during the reboot process. Sorry to have made this more complicated than it is. I use "IPTV Settings" to retrieve a DHCP address from my Internet service provider.

No idea, I don't touch the IPTV code.

Sorry Eric, I'm struggling to understand how my browser's console would have anything to do with the timing of IPTV settings getting applied during a reboot. Can you explain please sir?
In Google Chrome Browser, right click - > Inspect

Select the Console Tab. If there are any java errors, they may appear in the console terminal window

upload_2019-5-6_21-49-47.png

Another problem, when enable dots and dnssec, diversion won't filter ads.
your diversion sounds corrupt. I recommend uninstalling and reinstalling. -next time disable diversion before making too many changes.

No option for

I can't find this option.
A push the router lan IP to openvpn client.
It will not answer any DNS query from van client. But if I add the lan IP in the stubby.xml and restart it, it will answer.
upload_2019-5-6_11-25-9.png

upload_2019-5-6_11-26-19.png

----
#!/bin/sh
CONFIG=$1

-----

Thanks
Code:
#!/bin/sh
CONFIG=$1
pc_insert "listen_addresses:" "\  - 192.168.1.1@53" $CONFIG

would be what you need. \ and two spaces. Though i still cannot make any sense of what you are trying to do. it looks like too much effort and no real gain.

Code:
#!/bin/sh
CONFIG=$1
pc_insert "listen_addresses:" "\  - 192.168.1.1@53" $CONFIG

would be what you need. \ and two spaces. Though i still cannot make any sense of what you are trying to do. it looks like too much effort and no real gain.
let me try.
thank you very much!

This already enabled

I want my van client to use my ac86u as DNS server.
My openvpn will push 192.168.1.1. as DNS server to the mobile. But the ac86u won't listen on 192.168.1. I don't know why, all client in the same network 192.168.1/24 set 192.168.28.1 as DNS by dhcp is functional. But VPN client cannot use it unless I add " - 192.168.1.1@53 " into stubby.xml.

that script should have done the adding part you may have to do service restart_stubby

Feature request
It would be nice if stubby debug logging to /tmp/stubby.log did not also go to the syslog daemon.

For 86U owners if I understood correctly, the solution is to use HTTPS instead of HTTP for Webui access?

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!