What's new

[Beta] Asuswrt-Merlin 384.12 Beta is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eight days on self compiled 384.12_b2 no big issues. Great build IMHO. OVPN works fine. Cloudflare DNS with TLS doing it's job. Thanks, @RMerlin .

So far not since i have it, about 6 months now.
No saved backup used or so, all configuration done by hand.
Did not change much, if i did change something

6 months? You've had a good run. :)

I would recommend following the M&M Config link in my signature below to get your router back to a good/known state. :)

Since 384.12 Beta I have no internet connection on my RT-AX88U , LAN connection working fine.
All firmware before had no problems
No scripts or so running, nothing on USB ports
Downgrading to 384.11_2 resolves the problem, all working fine again.

Any one an idea what the problem could be?

We can't diagnose anything without having at least the log content. We don't even know what WAN type you have. My own RT-AX88U is working fine, so visibly it's something specific to your setup and not a general issue.

Here is my log.
Time and date not being synchronized because no internet connection
I use Cable 500Mbits/s down and 40Mbits/s up

Attachments

• asuslog.txt
    249.1 KB · Views: 422
Here is my log.
Time and date not being synchronized because no internet connection
I use Cable 500Mbits/s down and 40Mbits/s up
You get a private WAN IP from your ISP. Is your cable modem in bridge mode or other double-NAT situation? Have you unplugged power from your modem for 5 mins or so to reset it?

What are your WAN DNS settings? How about Tools - Other Settings - Wan: Use local caching DNS server as system resolver? And is Network Monitoring disabled on Administration - System tab?

EDIT: Also Administration - System - Enable WAN down browser redirect notice, Yes or No?

A few days ago, I completely lost 2.4ghz radio.
I wanted to turn off 2.4ghz for a bit so I went into wireless, professional, and disabled wireless radio under 2.4ghz. After that I turned it back on and could not get 2.4 to work at all. Even after rebooting, and un-plugging. Booting with no drives attached.
Nothing in the system log about this. Under wireless log, the whole list under 2.4ghz kept saying for every device: Not found. Nothing I could do to get it back working. Factory reset and restore config and it instantly worked.
So, a few days later I rebooted because a HD was not showing up and 2.4ghz was not working like above. It was definitely set to on. The 2.4 light on the router was on. Middle LED was white. Only way to get 2.4 working was reset and restore.
I have not rebooted since.
I don't have a clue. I am clueless when it comes to routers. Any ideas?

A few days ago, I completely lost 2.4ghz radio.
I wanted to turn off 2.4ghz for a bit so I went into wireless, professional, and disabled wireless radio under 2.4ghz. After that I turned it back on and could not get 2.4 to work at all. Even after rebooting, and un-plugging. Booting with no drives attached.
Nothing in the system log about this. Under wireless log, the whole list under 2.4ghz kept saying for every device: Not found. Nothing I could do to get it back working. Factory reset and restore config and it instantly worked.
So, a few days later I rebooted because a HD was not showing up and 2.4ghz was not working like above. It was definitely set to on. The 2.4 light on the router was on. Middle LED was white. Only way to get 2.4 working was reset and restore.
I have not rebooted since.
I don't have a clue. I am clueless when it comes to routers. Any ideas?

If you're using a saved config file to 'restore' with, don't. ;)

See my signature below for the M&M Config guide to get your router to a good/known state. :)

So far so good on merlins beta2, self compiled and running strong for a while now.

If you're using a saved config file to 'restore' with, don't. ;)

See my signature below for the M&M Config guide to get your router to a good/known state. :)
The backup was from April. Long before this happened. It works perfect after restore.
I rebooted once a couple of day after that restore.
I will reboot sometime this weekend and see if it happens again.

The backup was from April. Long before this happened. It works perfect after restore.
I rebooted once a couple of day after that restore.
I will reboot sometime this weekend and see if it happens again.
Did you flash back to the firmware you were using in april? And factory reset and then restore from the backup?note there has been alot of changes. You may want to flash back to the older build and then use the restore feature and then take your time flashing back to this build. If you are dead set on using the restore feature make sure you settings are minimal between flashes, custom scripts turned off and harddrives not mounted and whatnot.

Did you flash back to the firmware you were using in april? And factory reset and then restore from the backup?note there has been alot or changes. You may want to flash back to the older build and then use the restore feature and then take your time flashing back to this build.
No I didn't. I don't have a clue which FW version that was in April.

You should be able to settle any differences by flashing the most recent firmware, but it is always better to keep in mind that the restore you are using may impact any additions that have occured since your last flash.

I hope merlin continues on this optimization path he has been on every since I flashed beta 2 my router boots better and overall functions better. The only thing I have noticed is the devices on the samba share page are no longer listed to be selectable to where you can define what is being shared.

No I didn't. I don't have a clue which FW version that was in April.

The backup config file you create is really only useful with the version of firmware it was created with.

I hope that after a reboot this weekend you do not see any issues, but with your workflow as stated, that seems like a slim chance. :)

Based on what populates when you select a DoT server from the list I think you only need to enter the IP address and the TLS Hostname which I believe is "dns.adguard.com"

upload_2019-6-20_22-42-55.png

Well, just got the famous red LED of death bug. Internet disconnected. Had it before rarely. Have to reboot. And no 2.4ghz again. POJ!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!