What's new

[Beta] Asuswrt-Merlin 384.12 Beta is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
@RMerlin @themiron
Hi guys.
Is here right place to insert wan-action script?
< run_custom_script("wan-action", 0, NULL, NULL); >
https://github.com/RMerl/asuswrt-me...5320e91/release/src/router/rc/wanduck.c#L1034

I want automatically execute service restart_wan when WAN dead.
Sometime it happened in the past months with WAN_Connection: ISP's DHCP did not function properly message.
Is it more complex than my thought?

And int wanduck_main doesn't have 2 brackets in end of code.

EDIT: I added script and it looks work when I disconnect wan ethernet manually.
I hope it to work properly the next time when I have a problem.
https://github.com/odkrys/asuswrt-merlin.ng/commit/4022b2bc1e6dc713a4d43d3911102f3418711291
Code:
kernel: eth0 (Int switch port: 3) (Logical Port: 3) Link DOWN.
Jkernel: ===> Activate Deep Green Mode
WAN_Connection: ISP's DHCP did not function properly.
DualWAN: skip single wan wan_led_control - WANRED off
nat: apply redirect rules
custom_script: Running /jffs/scripts/wan-action
rc_service: service 3254:notify_rc restart_wan

Last edited:
after a couple of days working perfectly all devices connected to network are visible
very good!

Nothing important @RMerlin but I just noticed this while updating Diversion files for the new URL:
On both RT-AC1900P and RT-AC86U routers on 384.12 Beta 2 I see these NVRAM entries:
Code:
webs_state_info=384_11_2
webs_state_info_beta=384_10_beta3
Is the latter correct?

Nothing important @RMerlin but I just noticed this while updating Diversion files for the new URL:
On both RT-AC1900P and RT-AC86U routers on 384.12 Beta 2 I see these NVRAM entries:
Code:
webs_state_info=384_11_2
Is the latter correct?
Beta notification support was removed in 384.11, but the variables remain.
- CHANGED: Re-designed firmware upgrade page, moving the schedule
option to that page, and removed support for the Beta
channel.

Beta notification support was removed in 384.11, but the variables remain.
Ahh, thanks, never noticed. I should read the change logs more carefully.

I am uploading two refreshed test builds for the RT-AC87U and RT-AC3200:

https://asuswrt.lostrealm.ca/test-builds

Please confirm that nothing got broken in these two. AC87U received one Quantenna-specific change from GPL 51640 (related to LAN ports), and the AC3200 got updated wireless and switch drivers (also from 51640).

Code:
webs_state_info=384_11_2
Is the latter correct?

Just ignore the beta string. I didn't completely remove the code or the manifest content in case I need to use it again latter on, but for now the router won't do anything with the content of this value beyond updating the nvram variable.

I am uploading two refreshed test builds for the RT-AC87U and RT-AC3200:

https://asuswrt.lostrealm.ca/test-builds

Please confirm that nothing got broken in these two. AC87U received one Quantenna-specific change from GPL 51640 (related to LAN ports), and the AC3200 got updated wireless and switch drivers (also from 51640).
Flashed, nothing wrong noticed. Cannot inform you on LAN (I am avoiding LAN1 exactly because it is on Quantenna chip, an thus slow to boot...).

Just ignore the beta string. I didn't completely remove the code or the manifest content in case I need to use it again latter on, but for now the router won't do anything with the content of this value beyond updating the nvram variable.
Is there a chance the beta version update check comes back?
I'm asking for the firmware /jffs/scripts/update-notification script and if I should remove the beta check entirely.

Is there a chance the beta version update check comes back?

I can't say "Never" right now, as things may change in the future. I decided to drop it for now mostly for the following reasons:

- More work for me to publish and update the manifest + changelog with every beta release. By not having that to deal with, it makes it easier for me to go with more rapid beta releases if they are needed during a particular beta cycle
- Some people don't read the changelog, and so they would jump at any update proposed by their router's automatic check

Flashed, nothing wrong noticed.
Same here so far. I have things on LAN1.

I moved some things around, like so: I have a switch that cascades into another switch plugged in to LAN3. On the tools page, under Network, the last device seen cycles through a number of devices, including those plugged into the far switch. I switched the near switch to LAN1, which remains at "<unknown>".

Last edited:
I can't say "Never" right now, as things may change in the future. I decided to drop it for now mostly for the following reasons:
Understood. I'll go ahead an drop the beta firmware check in Diversion, makes it simpler for you to lean more towards the "Never" ;)

I flashed b2 on the 86u and this stood out in the log.
Does is mean anything?
Jun 21 14:40:18 dnsmasq[787]: nameserver 176.103.130.131 refused to do a recursive query

I flashed b2 on the 86u and this stood out in the log.
Does is mean anything?
Jun 21 14:40:18 dnsmasq[787]: nameserver 176.103.130.131 refused to do a recursive query

Means that specific server on your WAN connection refused to do a lookup for you. Either it's an incorrect server, or you are trying to use it through a VPN tunnel (a few ISPs will reject recursive queries done from outside of their network to reduce their network load).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!