What's new

[Beta] Asuswrt-Merlin 384.12 Beta is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Flashed Beta 1 over alpha 2, All looking really good here on RT-AC87u
Network map working, + 5Ghz wireless clients no longer shows as wired connections ;)
Disable LED`s working
No kernel: [truncated] TQ Undefined op out 2 in syslog anymore
Uptime 0 days 10 hours 23 minute(s) 48 seconds
Thanks RMerlin

With WS Discovery enabled is the note under External USB Disk status needed?
If you are using Windows® 10, use this FAQ to enable SMBv1 Client to ensure you have access to files stored within the network.

- Unfortunately, the delay fix for the boot race condition with openvpn is not working. In fact it is making things worse. Now it takes 8 min for a wan connection to be established while stating 'wan cable unplugged'.. when it before took 1-2 mins maximum. And the previous version bypass of waiting in post_mount until time synchronized is also not working now (keeps waiting for all these minutes)

Do you have an OVPN server or client enabled on the router at boot?

Flashed RT-AC86U from alpha2 to 384.12_beta1-g69e0eaefe1

Format JFFS partition on next boot and factory reset & manually reconfigured settings

Settings used

DHCP Server
VPN Client using ExpressVPN
DoT
Traffic Analyzer
QoS
Various scripts

Thanks RMerlin, Adamm, JackYaz & thelonelycoder

Been up and running well for 24 hours

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Do you have an OVPN server or client enabled on the router at boot?
It is an OVPN server, BUT with this beta the problem happens even if I have it switched off... I get 'cable disconnected' and no WAN until 8-9 minutes have passed.

It is an OVPN server, BUT with this beta the problem happens even if I have it switched off... I get 'cable disconnected' and no WAN until 8-9 minutes have passed.

Interesting. I don't have an issue like this on my AC68U or AC86Us (referring back to your earlier situation where there was a long delay in WAN connection when the server was running). I'm wondering if it AC3200-specific.

Understood. Won’t both variables still be in nvram after the upgrade?

The old one will be unused.
Unfortunately, the delay fix for the boot race condition with openvpn is not working. In fact it is making things worse. Now it takes 8 min for a wan connection to be established while stating 'wan cable unplugged'..

Then it means you have an issue with either your ntp or your DNS configuration, preventing ntpd from syncing once the WAN interface comes up. The extra pause you are seeing is the router waiting for ntpd to complete its sync once the WAN interface just came up.

With WS Discovery enabled is the note under External USB Disk status needed?

WS Discovery only allows the shares to be visible. For access, you still need to either enable SMBv2 support, or install the SMBv1 client.

That FAQ is from Asus's stock firmware, which doesn't support SMBv2 at all.

The old one will be unused.

Then it means you have an issue with either your ntp or your DNS configuration, preventing ntpd from syncing once the WAN interface comes up. The extra pause you are seeing is the router waiting for ntpd to complete its sync once the WAN interface just came up.

.. Possibly. In fact just rebooted after installing diversion and got immediate connection.. so I need to do further tests to see where is the problem now. Will post back with my findings...

Not in any way a priority. Does not look to have gotten attention and would not expect it to. Its not a big deal. Would understandably not even be on the radar. The Netgear "smart" switch I have still does not show up in Network Map and shows disconnected as before. I only bring this up cause I know Kamoj was able to fix this clients not getting mapped for the Netgear router FW. He might have some insight for the Asus FW as well.

.. Possibly. In fact just rebooted after installing diversion and got immediate connection.. so I need to do further tests to see where is the problem now. Will post back with my findings...
Make sure this setting under Tools>Other settings>Wan: Use local caching DNS server as system resolver (default: No) to "No" if it is currently "Yes" and reboot to test.

Not in any way a priority. Does not look to have gotten attention and would not expect it to. Its not a big deal. Would understandably not even be on the radar. The Netgear "smart" switch I have still does not show up in Network Map and shows disconnected as before. I only bring this up cause I know Kamoj was able to fix this clients not getting mapped for the Netgear router FW. He might have some insight for the Asus FW as well.

Networkmap is closed source.

B1 has frozen twice in 24h. Not possible to access without a classic shutdown. Any ideas..?

Make sure this setting under Tools>Other settings>Wan: Use local caching DNS server as system resolver (default: No) to "No" if it is currently "Yes" and reboot to test.
Thanks, however this setting was already set to "No".

Thank you for can let me set the sd-idle maximum value to 9999 in the GUI, It works for me, thank you!

I have a new idea, let sd-idle to send a STOP command immediately on soft-restart, I think this will protect the hard drive. I tried using a script to do it, but the sd-idle minimum cannot be 0 or 1, so I can't send the spindown command immediately before reboot. I think this need to recompile the the sd-idle binary, I wish I could do something, but I don't understand the C language.

Maybe I have a little away from this thread, sorry about, but I hope you can consider this feature, thank you.

Last edited:

OK, I could do some more testing. When I installed diversion yesterday, it removed/swapped my post_mount script and I was not attempting to start ovpn, nor wait for time sync so I got immediate WAN connection.

This is the situation now without any bypass/script to delay loading of services:

- When the OVPN server is OFF, then a reboot works correctly (WAN connection obtained in less than 2 minutes after reboot). All services start OK
- When OVPN server is ON, an attempt to reboot gives WAN connection 'cable unplugged' message and not established UNTIL 15 minutes later, when it is suddently established and all services load correctly.

PS. Eric, I have saved the boot log in case you are interested in it...

Hi,

Is there anyne having issues with Wifi? sometimes and very randomly my iphone/ipad and my logitech harmony disconnects and unable to rejoin, if i restart the router, they work fine, this is a fresh install of the latest beta, and this has happened since the last 2 Merlin firmwares 384.11_2...

Help is appreciated..

Hi,

Is there anyne having issues with Wifi? sometimes and very randomly my iphone/ipad and my logitech harmony disconnects and unable to rejoin, if i restart the router, they work fine, this is a fresh install of the latest beta, and this has happened since the last 2 Merlin firmwares 384.11_2...

Help is appreciated..
And unless you fill the info in your signature, we need to remotely read your mind to what router you have? :rolleyes:

Dirty flashed from 384.11_2 to 384_12_beta1 on RT-AC5300 and everything is working fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!