What's new

[Beta] Asuswrt-Merlin 384.12 Beta is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, in fact this problem started happening after an upgrade to 384.11_2- and subsequent reset attempts did not fix it, besides it was happening for several other users in this forum. Now, with 384.12 beta1 it still happens. However, I am working with Eric and I have a few tests to do in the next couple of hours... meanwhile I have been able to get the script bypass working again. The idea is in post_mount script wait until ntp is sunchronized and then start the OVPN services through the appropriate command (note that this script is adapted / fixed from another post's suggestion ) :

Code:
#!/bin/sh
#/jffs/scripts/post-mount
#Delay openvpn until time synced. Set openvpn status to OFF through GUI
c=0
while [ $(date +%Y) -lt 2019 -a $c -lt 30 ]
do
    c=`expr $c + 1`
    logger "OVPN Waiting for Time Adjustment...."
    sleep 3s
done
logger "Starting OVPN Services"
#To start vpnclient also uncomment next two lines
#service start_vpnclient1
#sleep 10s
service start_vpnserver1
Although the script works, there are two issues you may want to correct per ShellCheck.
SC2046: Quote this to prevent word splitting.
^-- SC2166: Prefer [ p ] && [ q ] as [ p -a q ] is not well defined.

SC2006: Use $(...) notation instead of legacy backticked `...`.
^-- SC2003: expr is antiquated. Consider rewriting this using $((..)), ${} or [[ ]].

Did you mean: (apply this, apply all SC2006)
c=$(expr $c + 1)

Here is the POSIX compliant version of the script:

Code:
#!/bin/sh
c=0
while [ "$(date +%Y)" -lt 2019 ] && [ "$c" -lt 30 ]
do
    c=$((c + 1))
    sleep 3s
done
#sleep 10s
service start_vpnserver1

Last edited:
Although the script works, there are two issues you may want to correct per ShellCheck.
SC2046: Quote this to prevent word splitting.
^-- SC2166: Prefer [ p ] && [ q ] as [ p -a q ] is not well defined.

SC2006: Use $(...) notation instead of legacy backticked `...`.
^-- SC2003: expr is antiquated. Consider rewriting this using $((..)), ${} or [[ ]].

Did you mean: (apply this, apply all SC2006)
c=$(expr $c + 1)

Here is the POSIX compliant version of the script:

Code:
#!/bin/sh
c=0
while [ "$(date +%Y)" -lt 2020 ] && [ "$c" -lt 30 ]
do
    c=$((c + 1))
    sleep 3s
done
#sleep 10s
service start_vpnserver1

Thanks ! Always willing to learn.. willl for sure correct this..

Thanks ! Always willing to learn.. willl for sure correct this..
I forgot to change the line

while [ "$(date +%Y)" -lt 2020 ] && [ "$c" -lt 30 ]

to

while [ "$(date +%Y)" -lt 2019 ] && [ "$c" -lt 30 ]

after I tested and posted above. I updated the original post too.

so I updates, my netools is not active on the RT-AC5300, well it shows it is active under HTOP, but the gui is not linking to it. where as with my 68u and my 3100 it is working both ways. is there an issue with it in the build for the RT-AC5300 can any one confirm it is working for them?

upload_2019-6-11_11-5-0.png

this is in the RT-AC5300
upload_2019-6-11_11-6-20.png

the RT3100 shows this

I factory reset my 86U and installed 384.12 beta. Then restored a config from April.
Now my 2.4ghz WiFi light switches no longer disconnect while using a Panasonic Inverter 1500 watt microwave. Which is GREAT!
The 2.4 channel is now 4. 5ghz is 161. Not sure what it was before. Channels are set to auto. Smart connect on. Would changing channel cause this?
I want it to stay just like this. If I save this config, would the channels be restored as 4 and 161 even though it is auto?

I'm on 384.12 Beta on an AC86U.

Every time I reboot, my Adaptive QoS loses its customized "classifications" setting. This is the setting on the main "Adaptive QoS" page where you can select a button called "Customize" and re-order about 7 categories in the way you want; such as Gaming, Other, VoIP and Instant Messaging, etc.

Every time I reboot, that button gets deselected and the custom order I've specified, gets lost.

Anyone else have this problem or just me? I thought I would let everyone know, before I went ahead with a full wipe/reset/M&M re-configuration. :)

• Added firewall to OpenVPN clients, which is enabled by default. This prevents remote servers from accessing your LAN through the VPN tunnel. If you have a site-to-site tunnel, or another setup where you are expecting inbound traffic to be sent to you through the tunnel then you can disable the firewall on the OpenVPN client page.
I have remote router with P2P OpenVPN connection, which I update only remotelly. Is there way to:
- disable firewall to OpenVPN clients before update
- disable firewall to OpenVPN clients after update using some executable command by script
?

Last edited:
that was my first thought.

I'm on 384.12 Beta on an AC86U.

Every time I reboot, my Adaptive QoS loses its customized "classifications" setting. This is the setting on the main "Adaptive QoS" page where you can select a button called "Customize" and re-order about 7 categories in the way you want; such as Gaming, Other, VoIP and Instant Messaging, etc.

Every time I reboot, that button gets deselected and the custom order I've specified, gets lost.

Anyone else have this problem or just me? I thought I would let everyone know, before I went ahead with a full wipe/reset/M&M re-configuration. :)
Asus issue, they have since corrected it, but haven't released any firmware yet with the fix.

Sent from my P027 using Tapatalk

Now my 2.4ghz WiFi light switches no longer disconnect while using a Panasonic Inverter 1500 watt microwave. Which is GREAT!
The 2.4 channel is now 4. 5ghz is 161. Not sure what it was before. Channels are set to auto. Smart connect on. Would changing channel cause this?
I want it to stay just like this. If I save this config, would the channels be restored as 4 and 161 even though it is auto?
While on auto-channel each reboot may change your channel (or even changing all the time if it finds other devices using its active channel)!

Last edited:
Here is the command line Kamoj uses so that all networked clients show in attached devices. And yes I understand the Netgear and the ASUS are not the same router.

while true; do I=$(ip route|awk '/br0/&&/src/ {print $NF}'|awk -F"." '{for(i=1;i<=3;i++) printf $i"."; print ""}');for ip in $(seq 254);do $(ping -c1 $I$ip>/dev/null 2>/dev/null&); usleep 40000; done; sleep 600; done &

Here is the command line Kamoj uses so that all networked clients show in attached devices. And yes I understand the Netgear and the ASUS are not the same router.

while true; do I=$(ip route|awk '/br0/&&/src/ {print $NF}'|awk -F"." '{for(i=1;i<=3;i++) printf $i"."; print ""}');for ip in $(seq 254);do $(ping -c1 $I$ip>/dev/null 2>/dev/null&); usleep 40000; done; sleep 600; done &

All this does is spam your network with traffic sent to every IP within the /24 of your LAN to presumably refresh the ARP cache - networkmap does the exact same thing already when refreshing the networkmap, forcing ARP updates to be sent from all clients within the /24 (unless Asus changed that since back when it was open source).

BTW, my own Netgear managed switch shows up just fine here in my networkmap. I'd recommend checking the power management options of your switch. Might also be some DoS protection getting triggered.

upload_2019-6-11_15-36-4.png

Configuring NTP on the switch might also be a good way to force it to generate traffic every once in a while. But spamming the whole /24 is not a good idea, as it would trigger any device that is set to WakeOnActivity.

More people who has problems with the General Log with the 384.12 Beta 1?
I can't see that statuses of my own, running scripts anymore.
For example: I use the ddns script of BigNerd95 (https://github.com/BigNerd95/ASUSddns) wich does put out the status of the dyn dns..
Script is working, but not seen in the logger.
So also with 3 other scripts :(
Something changed?

I’ve checked my switch. Not sure its the same model number. And that’s what I said, he did something to increase the polling information about attached devices.

Interesting you seem to be very resistant in considering something that might work. But so be it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!