What's new

[Beta] Asuswrt-Merlin 384.14 Beta is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
RT-AC86U_384.14_beta3.zip seems much more stable than newer official release from asus. Ping is solid lets see how it goes in further testing and curious if it can compete with 45717 so far ping seems stable.

So, now that we've determined that fiber is better than DSL, what is the consensus on running beta 3 on an 86U?

It's hard to sort the wheat from the chaff in this thread lately.

Soon.
I've been debating for the past 2-3 releases now to lock down these release thread 1-2 weeks after the release has happened. They too often become dumping piles for random questions, making it less useful for the community when someone comes in looking for a particular answer to a (legitimate) question. I think I'm going to go ahead with that starting with the next release. The main reason for these release threads, in addition to informing users of the release, is to gather feedback about potential new issues that might have slept through the beta period, or answering questions about changes that were just made with that release. After 2 weeks, these have been reported and handled, the rest is generally generic support questions that are often not release-specific.

Upgrade RT-AX88U & RT-AC3100 from V384.14_beta2 to V384.14_beta3 via dirty firmware upgrade. 30+ devices (includes gaming, streaming, downloads, etc.) and all appears to be working for main AX88U router.

So, now that we've determined that fiber is better than DSL, what is the consensus on running beta 3 on an 86U?

It's hard to sort the wheat from the chaff in this thread lately.

Beta 3 is running fine for me. Basic NAT, some port forwarding, using both 2.4 and 5 GHz radios. No issues with speed, throughput. About a dozen devices connected.

Looking fwd to the latest relesae..I do agree with @RMerlin that you should lock these beta threads so it doesn't get off topic and convoluded.

Great work you do by the way.

Beta3 on 86U for 48 hrs, no issue. Running with 68P as mesh node with Beta3 as well.

I am not sure if this is the right place, but would it be possible to add in a feature to auto-reboot / auto-restart WAN if WAN down is detected?

Dirty upgraded my ac68 to 384.14 b3 from 384.14 b2, before b1 and before from 384.13.
Using fq_codel with Adaptive QoS and trend micro stuff.
Since the ac68 is working as an internal router, firewall and nat are disabled.
QoS and the stuff I use, are still working fine

Enviado desde mi moto g(8) plus mediante Tapatalk

Last edited:
Hi, here Beta3 running fine on my AX88 for almost 48 hours already. I had beta1 running solid before for 24 days. My scenario is ftth, PPPOE for wan, and I make use of Wifi, diversion, ddns, ovpn, samba, minidlna, transmission, iptv (Movistar) and a secondary rp-ac68u cabled access point with about 30 clients including some devices like android speakers, cameras, printers, game consoles, media players and the rest being laptops, phones and regular PCs. I do not use QoS and my hw acceleration is fully enabled.
The only two minor nits I have are the web history misbehaving and unsorted (already mentioned by Eric is closed source), adn the misteryous 'FPM Pool invalid' log messages that appear once in a while in the logs.
Looks like the secret to get this stability has been to setup the wifi 'professional' parameters fully conservative (AX features disabled, also disabled airtime fairness and universal beanforming)

No external HomeKit access after upgrading from Beta 2 to Beta 3.

However I did not test this with any 14 Beta...

Code:
dnsmasq-script[25355]: connect error: No such file or directory
dnsmasq-script[25355]: [SEND_AMAS_NODE_EVENT:(4684)] ERROR connecting:No such file or directory.
dnsmasq-script[25355]: [SEND_AMAS_NODE_EVENT:(4684)] ERROR connecting:No such file or directory.
getting flooded by this in system logs after updating.

Code:
getting flooded by this in system logs after updating.

Aimesh badness?

Try forgetting the SSID on your client then reconnect it. Based on the error message, it seems your client is the one leaving the AP.

Reverting back to 384.13 (RT-AC5300) has completely fixed my WiFi dropouts for my PC (Intel AX200 WiFi on x570 chipset). I've left my PC running for 6 hours now without a single dropout, whereas on 384.14 beta 3 they were occurring every 5-30 minutes.

There's definitely a problem here. How can I help debug this further?

Installed Beta3 on my RT-AX88U + 2x RT-AC86U in AiMesh setup, all great. Pics loading into emails a little faster, as are connection timings. Only quirk(s) I haven't been able to resolve is 1). Network Map doesn't enable, Webgui just blinks on pressing button 2). 2.4GHz light on RT-AX88U doesn't enable although the 2.4GHz working great. 3). Wireless Log for 2.4GHz shows nothing connected, but that's incorrect. Will play today/tomorrow with complete reloads with ASUS & Rmerlin codes to see what may change.
Sense I have a visit to the ASUS repair centre in Markham coming...:-( Replaced both my RT-AC86U's this year due to hardware issues, this might be another.
| Installed the stock code 30043847756 and no change.
| Then Factory default (NVRAM erase) reset:
|1) Turn the router off
|2) Press the WPS button
|3) While pressing it, turn it on
|4) Wait about 10 seconds, then release it
| Now the 2.GHz light back and devices showing in the Wireless log. Network Map Gui still didn't appear.
| Installed rmerlin beta3 again. 2.GHz light back and devices showing in the Wireless log. Network Map Gui still didn't appear.
| Noted that with my RT-AC87U with latest rmerlin code 384.13_2-g9239ffaa0d the Network Map gui doesn't appear either.
| As all working ,except Network Map Webgui on beta code, I'll take it.

Last edited:
Can anyone confirm the issue(s) i found? Doing a fresh install/factory reset on the beta 14.1 firmware results in the OpenVPN server having a missing certificate information under the advanced page/edit button. It also appears it does not generate a new certificate, nor can you re-import an existing certificate using the general page/upload option. Also I found that the Admin/Restore setting didn't restore the OpenVPN server/users & passwords and also the WAN/port forwarding settings. Thanks for your assistance.

Correct. I just tested what results the Traditional QoS will produce on dslreports. It was broken on Asuswrt for quite some time, but looks like it is working again.

Well it seems to me Traditional QoS is broken at least on the AX88U. What I mean by that is, it only prioritizes upstream traffic. However I personally set my upload speed lower then the speed my ISP provides me. I ran a few tests, and every one of them, hit my max upload from my provider. To me that's QoS not working properly.

Because it doesn't matter what priority a port, or such is given on outgoing traffic, if something random on my internal network, can max out my upstream bandwidth. I'm on cable internet, so limiting my bandwidth below my max, is important. Especially when I'm trying to manage, and keep my network latency down. This isn't a shot at Merlin, he has done a lot. However in my case, I'm better off using Adaptive QoS, which does limit bandwidth to what I input, on both down/upstream, when I enable QoS for adaptive. On top of that, I am able to run FreshJR's script, and still do port based priority, and also I'm not as bandwidth limited, with HW Acceleration still having "Flow Cache" enabled.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!