What's new

[Beta] Asuswrt-Merlin 384.15 Beta and 384.13_3 are now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Observation 1:
The manual starting of my VPN Client (L2TP) seems to have a hick-up. I have tested extensively on both my routers (including to different VPN nodes) and got messages "Too many retransmissions on tunnel (43374/0); closing down".
I am aware that this could be caused by the VPN provider but the strange thing is that on a reboot of the router the VPN client immediately connects while a manual activation causes the above error message.
After trying, I summarize that my experience is that I can only activate my L2TP VPN Client on a reboot but not manual. (I have no clue if this is caused by closed source or something in the Merlin Firmware).

Observation 2:
I notice that my 2.4GHz quickly dropped from 600Mbps to 150Mbps. (Yeah I know that 40Mhz on 2.4Ghz should be avoided and that this can be caused by e.g interference from the neighborhood - but my location has no close other wifi's interfering). By changing the modulation scheme to up to MCS 9 and afterwards back to MCS 11 and then rebooting the router the drop to 150Mbps no longer occurs and runs stabile at 40MHz/600Mbps.

You have a Javascript error preventing the page from loading. What's on that line?
Sorry I have no clue what you are talking about! Can you explain please?:oops: I posted a pic of the page it's not responsive to any commands.

@skeal ...
Have you disabled JavaScript? Try to access the GUI router with a completely different browser (Vivaldi, Opera?).
:)

You have a Javascript error preventing the page from loading. What's on that line?
This pretty much makes the router useless as I have no command of the wifi whats so ever after a reboot. Using minimal config still leaves the page in that state after a reboot.

@skeal ...
Have you disabled JavaScript? Try to access the GUI router with a completely different browser (Vivaldi, Opera?).
I have tried ubuntu chrome, Firefox on both windows and ubuntu and chromium on Ubuntu and none work.

@skeal ...
Don't know how to disable javascript.

Do you have installed an addon like No-Script that disables JS. Otherwise, you can check in about:config if javascript.enabled is enabled.

i am still on .12 release, but if i look at rls notes, the wan-event script is indeed a nice feature
but i am new to this, am i correcy saying this wan-event script is already installed and runnig? so if i update , i dont have todo anything else?

i am still on .12 release, but if i look at rls notes, the wan-event script is indeed a nice feature
but i am new to this, am i correcy saying this wan-event script is already installed and runnig? so if i update , i dont have todo anything else?
The beta firmware will execute the wan-event script if it exists (i.e. if you create it with your desired commands). So you would need to decide what you want to run during wan events or copy someone else’s publicly posted script.

The beta firmware will execute the wan-event script if it exists (i.e. if you create it with your desired commands). So you would need to decide what you want to run during wan events or copy someone else’s publicly posted script.
oh ok, well anyone with an example here? :) kinda new to this scripting

Ok thanks> I can arp without any issue. It's very odd as it only happened when I reset to defaults on this beta. Yet my AC68U did not suffer the same fate...LOL
Another option is to add the Clients command to profile.add from my GitHub repo (along with other shortcuts and hacks). You can change it to an all lowercase name if you prefer.

Code:
# List active LAN Clients from the command line
# Usage: Clients
Clients () {
    GREEN='\033[0;32m'
    RED='\033[0;31m'
    NC='\033[0m' # No Color

printf '%b%-23s %-15s %-17s%b\n' "$GREEN" "Description         " "IP Address    " "MAC Address      "  "$NC"
    arp | sed 's/(//;s/)//' | while read -r DESC IP AT MAC ETH ON IFACE
    do
        printf '%-23s %-15s %-17s\n' "$DESC" "$IP" "$MAC"
    done
}

Another option is to add the Clients command to profile.add from my GitHub repo (along with other shortcuts and hacks). You can change it to an all lowercase name if you prefer.

Code:
# List active LAN Clients from the command line
# Usage: Clients
Clients () {
    GREEN='\033[0;32m'
    RED='\033[0;31m'
    NC='\033[0m' # No Color

printf '%b%-23s %-15s %-17s%b\n' "$GREEN" "Description         " "IP Address    " "MAC Address      "  "$NC"
    arp | sed 's/(//;s/)//' | while read -r DESC IP AT MAC ETH ON IFACE
    do
        printf '%-23s %-15s %-17s\n' "$DESC" "$IP" "$MAC"
    done
}
This is very helpful my friend!:)

Well, this is as boring as the last beta.

86U, kinda vanilla setup.

Zero issues, even after I try to get in on the action by dirty flashing each update/alpha/beta since I installed the router 2 years ago.

I'm going to buy an AX88U as it seems that is where all the excitement is!

Zero issues, even after I try to get in on the action by dirty flashing each update/alpha/beta since I installed the router 2 years ago.

Lol. My experience and sentiment exactly.

Blame it on @RMerlin for being such a perfectionist with his alpha and beta releases there are so very stable with few unknowns. :D

@Butterfly Bones, and for allowing other fellow perfectionists like @thelonelycoder along for the firmware ride too! :)

@GHammer, maybe I should get a second RT-AX88U to start messing with AiMess too? :p

Yup password length and complexity was the cause. I still have the no clients in client list issue though!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!