What's new

Bricked RT-AC3100?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Mears148

Occasional Visitor
Okay so I have been perfectly happy with my RT-AC3100 until the other night when I needed to pull the power on it for a bit because my internet was acting sluggish yet no traffic was really using my bandwidth. Once I powered it back on now all I get are two blinking white lights (power and ethernet) and occasionally when I power it off and on again, I get the same two lights but they are solid. I noticed today that when I left the router unplugged overnight I was able to get it to come on again, so I flashed the firmware to the latest Merlin's release 380.57. Once I rebooted the router again, we were back to the flashing power and ethernet lights and no connections (wifi or ethernet) being available, even when set to static. Does anyone have an idea what might be happening, or what those two lights might be indicating? I find nothing on the internet about ASUS error codes. Thanks in advance.

1/7/16 - Update: I found that for the second time I was able to get the router to boot after being unplugged overnight. Can anyone explain this behavior and why that would make a difference? Thanks.

Last edited:
The router cools off completely when you leave it unplugged overnight. Sounds like you've got marginal hardware. Time to RMA or return the router.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!