What's new

Bug Report: Enable Wireless Scheduler resets to uncheck

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

ebackbone

New Around Here
Current Setup:
asusWRT Merlin - 3.0.0.4.374.33 on ASUS RT-N16
(A) Wireless -> Professional -> Enable Wireless Scheduler checked
(B) Administration -> System -> WPS Button Behavior set to "Toggle Radio"

whenever the WPS button is pressed to enable Radio when it is currently off, the "Enable Wireless Scheduler" will reset to disabled/unchecked once again where i have to re-enable it once more to follow a scheduled time for the WiFi. This behavior was not evident in a previous build probably 3.0.0.4.354.X back.

It would make sense to follow the old behavior whereby if the scheduler is configured it should stay configured even if the WPS button is pressed to enable the WiFi for immediate use.

Thanks.

Current Setup:
asusWRT Merlin - 3.0.0.4.374.33 on ASUS RT-N16
(A) Wireless -> Professional -> Enable Wireless Scheduler checked
(B) Administration -> System -> WPS Button Behavior set to "Toggle Radio"

whenever the WPS button is pressed to enable Radio when it is currently off, the "Enable Wireless Scheduler" will reset to disabled/unchecked once again where i have to re-enable it once more to follow a scheduled time for the WiFi. This behavior was not evident in a previous build probably 3.0.0.4.354.X back.

It would make sense to follow the old behavior whereby if the scheduler is configured it should stay configured even if the WPS button is pressed to enable the WiFi for immediate use.

Thanks.

The old behavior created other issues, which I can't remember. That's why I switched from my old method to Asus's own method of handling it. This is currently handled the same way as in the original FW.