What's new

Can no longer use any channels in Band A UNI-II Lower

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

medwatt

Regular Contributor
When I first got the AC66U_B1 router, I noticed that the 5GHz signal takes a long time before any of my devices can detect it. A member here suggested I should use channel 36 as channel 36 is not a DFS channel. That simple trick worked. However, today none of my devices were able to detect the 5GHz signal. I started changing channels and realized that I can detect any signal when the channels are set to channels 36, 40, 44, 48. Channels 52, 56, 60, 64 all work, but there's a slight delay of about 2 minutes after the 2.4GHz signal is detected. Can someone explain what's happening ?

Yes, but why have I lost the ability to use channels 36 to 48, which are supposedly the free channels.
Sorry, I misunderstood the question because of the typo:
...I can detect any signal when the channels are set to channels 36, 40, 44, 48.

I don't know the answer. What region are you in, US?

Do you have the "Auto select channel including band 1 channels" option? Perhaps you could trying unsetting and setting that.

https://www.snbforums.com/threads/what-are-band1-channels.25681/

Sorry, I misunderstood the question because of the typo:

I don't know the answer. What region are you in, US?

Do you have the "Auto select channel including band 1 channels" option? Perhaps you could trying unsetting and setting that.

https://www.snbforums.com/threads/what-are-band1-channels.25681/

Mine says "Auto select channels including DFS channels". But I don't use that. I manually selected channels 36, 40, 44, and 48. I couldn't detect the 5GHz signal despite waiting for more than 10 minutes.

Mine says "Auto select channels including DFS channels". But I don't use that. I manually selected channels 36, 40, 44, and 48. I couldn't detect the 5GHz signal despite waiting for more than 10 minutes.
What region are you in?

What channel do you see being used when you go to System Log > Wireless Log?

What region are you in?

What channel do you see being used when you go to System Log > Wireless Log?

I bought the router from Amazon UK, but I live in South Africa. I want to emphasize that I have been using channel 36 all along. It was only yesterday that it stopped working.

I bought the router from Amazon UK, but I live in South Africa. I want to emphasize that I have been using channel 36 all along. It was only yesterday that it stopped working.
OK. What about the information on the Wireless Log page?

OK. What about the information on the Wireless Log page?
Sorry, I wasn't home.

Here's my 5GHz setup page:
yAg16Ge.png

Here's the Wireless Log page:
FoyM5OV.png

Well, I'm out of ideas.

It might be worth changing the channel bandwidth from 20/40/80 to 20 just as an experiment.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!