What's new

Can't access rt-ac3100 OpenVPN remotely

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

TCandee

New Around Here
I had an rt-ac68u connected to PIA and was able to access it remotely using OpenVPN client over the internet. The speed of the local connection suffered badly from the 800mhz processor. I upgraded to the 3100 and have it connected to the PIA server and speeds are 2.5x better. The problem is I can't connect the the VPN router remotely. All settings are the same as the setup on the 68u. I am not sure I need it but I have the asus ddns set up as well on both routers.

edit: I had to change the Redirect internet traffic to "policy rules" and add the ip address of the remote computer. The problem is it is a dynamic IP I think. DDNS will not help since the rules don't allow hostname unless I am missing something. on the ac68u I did not have to set rules. Not sure but I think this may be a bug in the firmware. My understanding of the setting "no" should require no policies.

Last edited:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!