What's new

RT-AX82U came with firmware: 3.0.0.4.386.50224, but it's not listed on the ASUS download page

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

D

Deleted member 91178

Hello! I'm trying to find the 3.0.0.4.386.50224 firmware which came stock on RT-AX82U V2.
But it's not listed on the ASUS firmware download page?

Is it common for ASUS to remove certain firmware at times?

Googling the firmware takes me to the download page for RT-AX55. Is it common for ASUS to flash "generic" firmware which works on several routers?

It's not common. But they have done it occasionally for firmware versions that had security vulnerabilities that were being actively exploited, or firmware that was bricking some routers.

Googling the firmware takes me to the download page for RT-AX55. Is it common for ASUS to flash "generic" firmware which works on several routers?
There is no generic firmware. The RT-AX55 has different hardware than the RT-AX82U V2 and the firmware for one is not compatible with the other.

Last edited:
It's not common. But they have done it occasionally for firmware versions that had security vulnerabilities that were being actively exploited, or firmware that was bricking some routers.

No. There is no generic firmware. The RT-AX55 has different hardware than the RT-AX82U V2.
Hmm okay. 3.0.0.4.386.50224 Seems to have been working fine on this unit. Any idea of where I can find the original or "hidden" firmware from ASUS?

Hmm okay. 3.0.0.4.386.50224 Seems to have been working fine on this unit. Any idea of where I can find the original or "hidden" firmware from ASUS?
You'd have to get it from unofficial sources. As I said, it was likely removed for good reason so I wouldn't be using it. Use 3.0.0.4.386.50289 (if it lets you install it at all).

Hello! I'm trying to find the 3.0.0.4.386.50224 firmware which came stock on RT-AX82U V2.
But it's not listed on the ASUS firmware download page?

Hi
Asus RT-AX82U changed their firmware format @ 50289 update and deleted 50224 as unstable . they then proceeded to a new series as from update 22158 to current one 24231. 50289 is the bridge between the 2 series . If you update to the current firmware from any other previous 50*** version its very likely not to work. Firmware copies are on this Asus router support page
Please advise if you cant get a copy of 50289 firmware

Last edited:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!