What's new

Can't Log Back in to Web Portal...Please help.

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

AZDNice

Occasional Visitor
FYI, I am a weekender Router Enthusiast here and just love this forum. However, I was just going through a total reconfig with New FW and configured my router to "Authenticate using HTTPS" selection(not Both) under the Administration Authentication Tab but didn't "Enable web access from WAN" or create certificate as I read somewhere that I should have. Now when I try to log onto the router via web browser i get an error. Is there any way to get back in to fix this or do I have to do a factory reset and reconfigure everything all over? Any Help I can get prior to doing this WHOLE task over would be greatly appreciated!

If this not the appropriate area for this I apologize in advance.

FYI, I am a weekender Router Enthusiast here and just love this forum. However, I was just going through a total reconfig with New FW and configured my router to "Authenticate using HTTPS" selection(not Both) under the Administration Authentication Tab but didn't "Enable web access from WAN" or create certificate as I read somewhere that I should have. Now when I try to log onto the router via web browser i get an error. Is there any way to get back in to fix this or do I have to do a factory reset and reconfigure everything all over? Any Help I can get prior to doing this WHOLE task over would be greatly appreciated!

Try https://routeraddress:8080
Access setting page via https://router.asus.com:8080

Sorry try this instead. Access setting page via https://router.asus.com:8080 Remember if your user name or password is over 16 characters you won't get in. If that's case try logging in using the first16 characters of the saved password.

I have tried both ports 8080 and 8443 now.
"This site can't be reached" router.asus.com refused to connect

I have tried both ports 8080 and 8443 now.
"This site can't be reached" router.asus.com refused to connect
Instead or router.asus.com use the actual router ip....ex 192.168.x.x then port 8443

Instead or router.asus.com use the actual router ip....ex 192.168.x.x then port 8443

I did and thanks for your efforts. You were telling me along the right path....however, was unsuccessful until what the second of what Daviworld said made since under Firefox browser....He told me: I have mines set to HTTPS only as well. After that change you will have to navigate to https://192.168.1.1:8443 (or whatever you set your router IP to) to login to your router from now on. You will get a security warning from Chrome & Firefox about a self-signed certificate, but you can bypass it, since you know it is from your router. In Firefox click to add an exception and in chrome choose advanced and choose to proceed.

I only now put this here in the event another newb like my self have the same issue.

Thanks !

143F12C2-C800-4D57-8743-4ACE297B7FDF.png 75CC24C4-161A-447D-8E73-EF9C8151A5C6.png I am thinking you are seeing these screens correct? If so click on “Show details” and then “Visit website” all the way at the bottom. This should take you to the router’s secure login page (HTTPS and port 8443)

Marin.

If this doesn’t happen, then clear your web browser history. Then close your web browser. That open it again and select your routers address. Follow the direction above when those privacy screens come up and it should let you view you router’s login page.

If this doesn’t happen, then clear your web browser history. Then close your web browser. That open it again and select your routers address. Follow the direction above when those privacy screens come up and it should let you view you router’s login page.
Thank you Marin, I was able to get back on and change it back until I have a chance to do the balance of the config. Thank you for you time and effort in getting back to me. Much appreciated!

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!