What's new

Connect Cisco RV320 to torguard VPN

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Matty G

New Around Here
Hello,
I am using a RV320 as my gateway at home. I'd like to send all traffic over VPN to torguard. Rather than chronicle the things I've tried and failed at, I'll start with a simple question to folks who know much more: Is this even possible with this hardware and any VPN provider?

Thanks a ton,
Matt

You have to match the security levels on your VPN to torguard's VPN. Find out what the requirements are and see if your router has them.

In the old days before I retired we used Cisco's VPNs. They worked well. I own this router but I have never used VPN on it as I am retired without any need for VPN.

Well, that's what I tried to do and it looks pretty apples to oranges. Hence the question because people do some pretty clever things to make stuff work. Here's a couple things I looked at:
PPTP: Router has this under WAN settings but asks for a static WAN IP which I don't have
Gateway to Gateway: Router has this under VPN. Looks promising but it's looking for an IP address or range on the remote subnet. I see how that's relevant for connecting two offices, but not for this.

I can buy/build a DD-WRT router to get this done. However, I haven't found DD-WRT reliable enough for a gateway. I sold my last RV320 and tried that. After one outage too many, I bought the RV320 again. It's pretty bullet proof by comparison. (sample size = 1 )

Anyone got some experience making the RV-3xx series jump through this hoop?