What's new

Connected client list

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

compata

New Around Here
Is there any way for a script running on one of my local servers to obtain the list of currently connected clients (address, MAC) short of screen scraping? I have no issue with including a telnet or SSH command in the script but I can't find the information in the router's filesystem. It seems that ASUSWRT runs some JS to derive the information but I haven't (yet) been able to decode what it's doing. Note, I don't use the router's built-in DHCP, preferring to use a service on one of my servers.

Usually the arp -a command would get you most of the info.

Found something funny a few days ago. I have a RT-AC3200 as main router and a RT-AC87U as an AP.

For some reason some of my 2.4 GHz clients connected to the "wrong" device.

Just for fun, I went to the "Wireless MAC filter" under "Wireless" on both devices. Added the MAC addresses I didn't want on the specific device. This worked well, they now connect the way I want them to.

An interesting side effect is that all devices now show up in the "Wiew List" under "Network Map". The interface is not always correct, but the device is there now. They also show up correctly in "Wireless Log" under "System Log" which wasn't the case before.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!