What's new

connmon connmon - Internet connection monitoring

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Thank you for the feedback.
In my case, what I observed after changing the raw/average setting is the following:
After I exported to csv, I only got a few tens of records. Pings before the change of setting don't appear.
After I refreshed the page, I still only got the last couple of hours. Not the many days of history I used to have.

It will be completely irrelevant after you remove that option anyway.
Take care
W.
you will see fewer records as its averaged over hours rather than each reading, but the earliest average should be roughly the same. can you share a copy of your db file, from /jffs/addons/connmon.d or /opt/share/connmon.d ?

can you share a copy of your db file, from /jffs/addons/connmon.d or /opt/share/connmon.d ?
Dear Jack Yaz,
I have just started a private conversation to share a link with you.
BTW: I realize that I provided the whole directory, not just the db file...
Best regards
W.

Does anybody fancy trying out some changes on the develop branch? I'm intending to add the "data aggregation" options across the board if it's well received! To switch, run
Code:
connmon develop
at the command line
Summary of changes here: https://github.com/jackyaz/connmon/pull/35

working perfectly - i like it this way great to compare across days of the week or month !!

Does anybody fancy trying out some changes on the develop branch? I'm intending to add the "data aggregation" options across the board if it's well received! To switch, run
Code:
connmon develop
at the command line

Works like charm a so far. I like the new views, definitely very useful. Thanks Jack!

Does anybody fancy trying out some changes on the develop branch? I'm intending to add the "data aggregation" options across the board if it's well received!

Nice! My OCD tendencies are assuaged. Thanks for the great work you do.

Untitled.png

Last edited:
Does anybody fancy trying out some changes on the develop branch?

Thanks @Jack Yaz, working well here ... some useful new perspectives there I feel. Be interested to see how it works for your other add-ons once you get around to it?

v2.10.0 is now available
Changelog:

• NEW: Choice of data aggregation for charts in WebUI: raw, hourly and daily
  • IMPROVED: Use of keyboard keys d,r,l,f for chart functions (drag zoom, reset zoom, toggle lines, toggle fill)
  • IMPROVED: Use of indexes in database for small performance increases
  • IMPROVED: Use ajax to load dependent files in WebUI to avoid complete page load failures if a file was unavailable
  • IMPROVED: Stale connmon processes will be cleared on each ping test
  • REMOVED: Setting toggle for raw vs. average

v2.11.0 is now available
Changelog:

• NEW: Configure how long data is kept in the database
  • NEW: Configure how many recent results are displayed in the WebUI
  • NEW: Ping target/destination and ping duration are now logged alongside ping test results
  • IMPROVED: CPU intensive tasks are now run with a lower priority to minimise hogging the CPU
  • IMPROVED: Recent ping results table in WebUI is now sortable and scrollable

v2.11.0 is now available
Thanks @Jack Yaz, looking good.
My only comment would be that my preference would be for the new Target/Duration columns to go after the existing Ping/Jitter/Quality columns.
I think ping time is perhaps the thing I'm looking for most.
Anyone else feel the same?

• NEW: Configure how long data is kept in the database
Jack, since there's now an option to save >30 days, will the display allow for that? I'm particularly interested in the quality view for >30 days, because my ISP is constantly having drops and I show them that view to prove it. 90 days of data would be most illustrative.

How long should "Creating database table indexes..." be taking in Putty during Connmon installation? It's been going for about 10 minutes, the webpage for it seems to be working at least but can't run a ping test.

How long should "Creating database table indexes..." be taking in Putty during Connmon installation? It's been going for about 10 minutes, the webpage for it seems to be working at least but can't run a ping test.
ah...that's a bug. Ctrl-C out and then run
Code:
connmon uninstall
and choose to remove everything. Then run
Code:
/usr/sbin/curl --retry 3 "https://raw.githubusercontent.com/jackyaz/connmon/develop/connmon.sh" -o "/jffs/scripts/connmon" && chmod 0755 /jffs/scripts/connmon && /jffs/scripts/connmon install

Apologies, I'm putting the changes through testing on my spare router now but this should get you up and running

I'm unable to do this as it says "Lock file found (age: 4 seconds) - ping test likely currently running". I've rebooted and tried the command again but it locks immediately
Wait 60ish seconds and try again. Or,
Code:
cru d connmon
killall connmon
rm /tmp/connmon.lock
And try again with the uninstall

ah...that's a bug. Ctrl-C out and then run
Code:
connmon uninstall
and choose to remove everything. Then run
Code:
/usr/sbin/curl --retry 3 "https://raw.githubusercontent.com/jackyaz/connmon/develop/connmon.sh" -o "/jffs/scripts/connmon" && chmod 0755 /jffs/scripts/connmon && /jffs/scripts/connmon install

Apologies, I'm putting the changes through testing on my spare router now but this should get you up and running
Thank you, all up and running now!

@Jack Yaz as you're currently focused on this script, is it possible to ask you for something?
On the new table, column "Target", is it possible to show (in front or on a paragraph) the resolved IP when pinging a domain?

I'm using a domain that sometimes changes its IP, which is what I want, and I'd want to know which IP is that test related to.

Thanks !

Hey. Is multi destination ping feature in the roadmap or not? The reason I'm asking is i want to have it ping two destinations. One to my local servers and one to somewhere outside my country since sometimes ISP or the link to say other countries is down and the only way to know if it's a fully down internet or just a link to other countries issue is from pinging IPs. Thanks! If it's not planned then no worries!! Was just wondering!!

@Jack Yaz as you're currently focused on this script, is it possible to ask you for something?
On the new table, column "Target", is it possible to show (in front or on a paragraph) the resolved IP when pinging a domain?

I'm using a domain that sometimes changes its IP, which is what I want, and I'd want to know which IP is that test related to.

Thanks !
The IP would need to be resolved at test time and stored, which is possible

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!