What's new

connmon connmon - Internet connection monitoring

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

From the Gui, custom IP (1.1.1.1 - Cloudflare) "Validation Error". With my DDNS name already in the field and Domain selected (via command line), as soon as I select that line, changes to red, Cut and Paste same entry Validation error. Go to another page on the Router and back, seems fine then. But can only add a custom entry via SSH/command line...
did you set the dropdown to IP Address and then type 1.1.1.1 - I'm not seeing any validation errors for connmon

did you set the dropdown to IP Address and then type 1.1.1.1 - I'm not seeing any validation errors for connmon
yes. I should've taken a screen shot. Like I said, weirdness this AM. Now I can't replicate it. Might have been a browser issue. Firefox didn't give me a problem. gotta try Chrome..

Just a thought (and I do realise you have already much on your plate) but wouldn't the functionality of ChkWAN by @Martineau be a great (optional) addition to connmon? If connmon detects WAN has gone down and it doesn't get restored within a preset time frame that it would be able to perform an automatic reboot in an attempt to restore the connection?
1617392659180.png
i asked the author some time ago, I was not answered via direct message. perhaps they will respond here?

Just saw in the WebUI that there is a "hotfix" update available, yet I don't see it on GiHub. Feels suspicious...

Just saw in the WebUI that there is a "hotfix" update available, yet I don't see it on GiHub. Feels suspicious...
Which version are you running? The current version is 2.9.1 and I don't have any updates waiting. Not in the WebUI, nor in amtm.

when did you last update? there was a hotfix a couple of days ago
I got a 2.9.1 version from about a week a so ago. Right now the WebUI shows "Updated version available: v2.9.1-hotfix" - I'm hesitant to update, since I'm not seeing this "hotfix" release on GitHub. I'm a bit paranoid about automatic GitHub updates after I read somewhere about a security researcher being able to infiltrate multiple high profile companies by posting a higher version of a commonly used libraries on GitHub (on something similar)...

I got a 2.9.1 version from about a week a so ago. Right now the WebUI shows "Updated version available: v2.9.1-hotfix" - I'm hesitant to update, since I'm not seeing this "hotfix" release on GitHub. I'm a bit paranoid about automatic GitHub updates after I read somewhere about a security researcher being able to infiltrate multiple high profile companies by posting a higher version of a commonly used libraries on GitHub (on something similar)...
You can check the commit history. I'm the only one with publish access to my repos and I use 2FA etc. I'd know if someone was posting something they shouldn't be

You can check the commit history. I'm the only one with publish access to my repos and I use 2FA etc. I'd know if someone was posting something they shouldn't be
That's the thing - I'm not seeing the 2.9.1-hotfix commit, only 2.9.1. And in the case of the said attack, I think he used a separate repository with the same name that started with a higher version... Need to find the link to the article about it...
Edit: Found it, not sure if applicable here, but an interesting read anyway:

Last edited:
That's the thing - I'm not seeing the 2.9.1-hotfix commit, only 2.9.1. And in the case of the said attack, I think he used a separate repository with the same name that started with a higher version... Need to find the link to the article about it...
Edit: Found it, not sure if applicable here, but an interesting read anyway:
2 commits after 2.9.1, ergo, hotfix
1617486670411.png

2 commits after 2.9.1, ergo, hotfix
View attachment 32780
only dependencies used in my scripts are those of entware. everything else is hosted by me, including jquery, chartjs etc. my dependency chain is deliberately very small.

Is there an easy way to restore the tabs in the AddOn tab in the GUI? When I do a reboot, I lose the Unbound and Connmon tabs, but the scMerlin, vnstat and ntpMerlin survive.

Oops, 5 min later, and now the scMerlin tab is also gone.

Last edited:
Is there an easy way to restore the tabs in the AddOn tab in the GUI? When I do a reboot, I lose the Unbound and Connmon tabs, but the scMerlin, vnstat and ntpMerlin survive.

Oops, 5 min later, and now the scMerlin tab is also gone.

Update Unbound GUI Tab to 1.4.1 and reboot - update all Jack Yaz scripts and your problems should vanish

Does anyone use the "average" data output option? i'm considering remove it (so existing charts will plot all values from tests), and adding a daily aggregation option

Does anyone use the "average" data output option? i'm considering remove it (so existing charts will plot all values from tests), and adding a daily aggregation option
I use the average, but if you made the change it would not bother me.

I was using "raw" without being aware of the difference.
Now that I'm aware, I think I prefer raw.
I monitor frequently to identify rare events/incidents. I don't want an average to hide them.
I save to USB so I guess the storage size is not an issue. I guess the option was there to save storage space ?

Note that, when I switched from "raw" to "average", I lost my history... In itself, the risk of losing history is a reason to get rid of that setting.

I was using "raw" without being aware of the difference.
Now that I'm aware, I think I prefer raw.
I monitor frequently to identify rare events/incidents. I don't want an average to hide them.
I save to USB so I guess the storage size is not an issue. I guess the option was there to save storage space ?

Note that, when I switched from "raw" to "average", I lost my history... In itself, the risk of losing history is a reason to get rid of that setting.
you shouldn't lose any history as the data still exists in the database, it's just queried in a different way. what's more likely is the data source for the charts wasn't updated by the time the webui refreshed

Thank you for the feedback.
In my case, what I observed after changing the raw/average setting is the following:
After I exported to csv, I only got a few tens of records. Pings before the change of setting don't appear.
After I refreshed the page, I still only got the last couple of hours. Not the many days of history I used to have.

It will be completely irrelevant after you remove that option anyway.
Take care
W.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!