What's new

connmon connmon - Internet connection monitoring

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I don't see any other posts about this, so I must be the only one...

After the last version update the GUI shows this.

amtm show 2.8.1 as the latest and up to date.

gui must be reading an old file somewhere?

1608123418146.png

Did you try 'u', 'uf' and 'u' via the amtm menu?

A quick question. Is the "Last 10 ping test results (click to expand/collapse) in connmon GUI not collapsible in v2.8.1? I was trying to collapse everything and left only the Quality graph alone in this page.

@Jack Yaz - regarding ping intervals and length - ain't default 1 min long ping every 3 minutes a bit too aggressive? What are recommended values?

Agressive - in the sense that pinged host might not like it.
Meaning are there any rules "good behaviour" regarding ping-checking other sites?
How much ping is "too much" or "impolite" in this sense? That would considered well ... if not DDoS but at least as attack and thus blocked. Some "annoyance threshold".

Last edited:
Agressive - in the sense that pinged host might not like it.
Meaning are there any rules "good behaviour" regarding ping-checking other sites?
How much ping is "too much" or "impolite" in this sense? That would considered well ... if not DDoS but at least as attack and thus blocked. Some "annoyance threshold".
I am sure the types of pings used are minimal. I do not believe conmon is sending a "heavy" payload. It is just pinging lightly for response calculations.

I have always set to ping 8.8.8.8 for 10 seconds every 10 minutes. Last month I noticed some weekdays the quality drop to 70-80% especially in the morning. One day I managed to catch the ping packet drop by doing continuous ping from both router and my laptop. Ping to my ISP DNS server is fine. I have since changed to ping my ISP DNS and so far the quality is back to 100%.
My local ISP has icmp rate limit on their Juniper router. Even corporate customer cannot rely on the ping response from the provider next hop Juniper router for availability monitoring.

I am sure the types of pings used are minimal. I do not believe conmon is sending a "heavy" payload. It is just pinging lightly for response calculations.
Nono, i don't mean conmon is sending too much, i was only concerned that responding end might consider even those pings as "nuisance".
I was just thinking along the lines "are 1 minute long pings every 3 minutes too much or acceptable?"
Thanks for your answers.

After rooter reboot connmon tab has disappeared from Addons tabs. If i address it directly like :
http://192.168.5.1/user2.asp i can open it
@Jack Yaz - is there any way to get it back to Addons tabs without uninstalling and installing it back?
Forced update did not help.

After rooter reboot connmon tab has disappeared from Addons tabs. If i address it directly like :
http://192.168.5.1/user2.asp i can open it
@Jack Yaz - is there any way to get it back to Addons tabs without uninstalling and installing it back?
Forced update did not help.
Is that the only script you have? If not is it the only one not mounting properly? Check your time to make sure that is synced. I believe if the time is off (or not synced in a timely manner) they don't mount.

Yes, connmon is the only one not mounting properly.
I also have scMerlin which mounts successfully.
scMerlin is on http://192.168.5.1/user1.asp
I tried to restart web server - did not help.
date and time is fine and correct.

Last edited:
Yes, connmon is the only one not mounting properly.
I also have scMerlin which mounts successfully.
scMerlin is on http://192.168.5.1/user1.asp
I tried to restart web server - did not help.
date and time is fine and correct.

This may be the same intermittent issue I was experiencing.

@DanNuke86 @Jack Yaz Thank you! Did what was suggested in that post - connmon tab came back after reboot! :)

@Jack Yaz - do i need to remove workarround from that post:
after i install 2.8.4?

@Jack Yaz - do i need to remove workarround from that post:
after i install 2.8.4?
Up to you. I have it in place on my personal router :)

I don't mind leaving it, just want to be sure that it won't break new connmon version :)
Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!