What's new

detect wifi connected devices on aimesh node

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Gravityz

Hello,
i have a very nice script running on my router which detect all the devices which are connected to the RT-AX88U router.
i use this for geofencing purposes
problem is that if a device switches from the router to another aimesh node it is not detected anymore.

is there some kind of way to detect a device from the original router when it is connected to another aimesh node?
on the gui this is easy to see(just click the aimesh node) but from a script/commandline i can not find a way

Hello,
i have a very nice script running on my router which detect all the devices which are connected to the RT-AX88U router.
i use this for geofencing purposes
problem is that if a device switches from the router to another aimesh node it is not detected anymore.

is there some kind of way to detect a device from the original router when it is connected to another aimesh node?
on the gui this is easy to see(just click the aimesh node) but from a script/commandline i can not find a way
What type of aimesh nodes are you running? Could you run the script on them?

iamesh node is RT-AC86U

i could run te script on them as well but then i need to create a second ocupancy switch because they can not control the same switch.
At the moment i am experimenting with homekit ocupancy to see is there is somebody home. that seems to work fine for multiple people in my home.

e.g. when somebody comes home turn on the thermostat/lights
when everybody has left turn down the thermostat/lights.

so now i have a switch created in domoticz which is controlled by homekit instead of my router script.

let's see how accurate/stable it is (eg hopefully no flukes from icloud)

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!