What's new

DHCP Setting

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

TheLyppardMan

Very Senior Member
I was just reviewing some of my RT-AC87U settings this evening and I noted that I had set the auto range to start at 192.168.1.3 but I can't remember why I had to change it from the default 192.168.1.2 (I remember doing it but not the reason). Could it have been something to do with installing AB Solution/Pixelserv or could it have been when I was setting up CNAME for google safesearch? Any ideas anyone?

You would normally change it if you were planning on attaching another device to you LAN with a static IP of 192.18.1.2. Something like a server, an access point, or another router. Your old router perhaps?

No, it definitely wasn't that. I've only got the one router on my network and all my static IP addresses are 192.168.1.200 and upwards (my DHCP range is set to 192.168.1.3-192.168.1.199). All I can remember is reading some instructions telling me that I needed to change the start range to 192.168.1.3 because whatever I was installing needed 192.168.1.2 for some purpose or other, but I can't remember what it was. I have a suspicion it was something to do with Pixelserv, but it's only a suspicion. Can anyone confirm whether I'm on the right track or not?

I had to do the same when I installed AB Solution/pixelserv, so you are probably on the right track. I believe pixelserv is set up to point at 192.168.1.2 in our configurations.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!