What's new

Different DMZ behavior on Guest vs Main Wireless network

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Anasazi

New Around Here
Using DMZ, I see different behavior if the DMZ IP device is on the guest wireless network or on the main wireless network, is this expected? I’m trying to give someone access to the BMC remote console on a server without giving them access to the other IP address on my home network. I thought I had it figured out via DMZ and a wireless Access Point connected to my guest network via DDNS, but it only works when the AP is connected to the main wireless network. I have the BMCs static IP address set up as the DMZ address, The BMC port on the server is connected to an Ethernet port on the Access Point. Everything works great when I connect the AP to my main wireless network, I type in my DDNS domain and get access to the BMC login prompt and can log into the server via the remote access Java applet, just like being there. But on that network the server now has access to all my internal IP addresses. If I move the APs wireless connection over to the guest network when I type in the DDNS domain name I see the BMC’s login prompt and I can start the login process but it hangs.

Are some WAN functions blocked on the guest network? I’m running Merlin 380.61 on an ASUS RT-AC66R.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!