What's new
  • SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Can anyone link me to the post about changing the functionality of the buttons on the router? I would like to be able to have a dedicated button that switches between the two blocklists. That way if my wife is having an issue with something being blocked she can press the button and it will switch over to the smaller block list. I know I've seen a post on this topic I just can't find it.
No such thing.

iOS content blockers will work for browsers. Not apps that insert their own ads. That’s why Diversion was great on iOS devices pre-iOS 14.
Looks like that (unreleased local) improvement I made to the YT video ads experimental feature still does that little magic on all four iOS devices I have.

Gmail doesn't like zip files, change your settings to send individual files.
That would be new to me, I've had my main router send zipped backup files via Gmail ever since I coded this into Diversion.

My pixelserv is somehow broken.

I tried a complete usb format and Format JFFS partition but with a new and fresh install the problem remains.

This is the error i keep having:

pixelserv-tls: relocation error: /opt/lib/libpthread.so.0: symbol __sched_get_priority_max version GLIBC_2.17 not defined in file libc.so.6 with link time reference
/opt/bin/grep: relocation error: /opt/bin/grep: symbol close version GLIBC_2.17 not defined in file libc.so.6 with link time reference

Does anyone know what is going on?
Not a clue.

No such thing.

Ah. So there is no script to change the functionality of the front buttons on the router at all? I could have sworn I saw something about that. Maybe it was someone asking the same question I am.

Ah. So there is no script to change the functionality of the front buttons on the router at all? I could have sworn I saw something about that. Maybe it was someone asking the same question I am.
This is closed source and/or hardwired functionality by Asus. If your wife has an iOS device, you could install the Shortcuts app and add my Shortcut for Diversion. With one simple click the blocking list can be switched:

This is closed source and/or hardwired functionality by Asus. If your wife has an iOS device, you could install the Shortcuts app and add my Shortcut for Diversion. With one simple click the blocking list can be switched:

Very cool! Thanks thelonelycoder!

One other question, sorry. I've had pixelserv-tls installed from the start of using this router and I don't think I ever imported the certificate into any devices/browsers. I just never opened the menu I don't think. Does pixelserv-tls work at all if you don't install the certificate on the device? Could this aid in the functionality of YT ad blocking on smart TVs alongside the experimental YT ad blocking inside of Diversion? I doubt installing this cert on an LG SmartTV is possible, but I'll look into it. As for other devices (Smart Phones and PCs), the cert needs to be installed in each browser?

1601398765941.png

Very cool! Thanks thelonelycoder!
It's been around for a while. An underappreciated Diversion feature no other forum script has, if I'm correct.

Does pixelserv-tls work at all if you don't install the certificate on the device?
Sure does, but not as smoothly as it could since there is no certificate for the https redirected domain. Browsers usually throw a nagging error if they encounter such a situation.
Could this aid in the functionality of YT ad blocking on smart TVs alongside the experimental YT ad blocking inside of Diversion?
No, pixelserv-tls and the YT redirector are unrelated and cannot and do not affect each other.

Yes, it is very dumb. $1k for a TV and I hate it. The damn Plex app doesn't even work on it
I bought an Apple TV box just because my stupid Samsung Smart TV is useless to me as it is. Unplugged the network cable to the TV and plugged the Apple TV into one of its Display ports (or is it DVI?) and have everything working instantly in the Apple ecosystem. I'm a happy camper, though the TV is off 99.1% of the time anyway.

It's been around for a while. An underappreciated Diversion feature no other forum script has, if I'm correct.
Just wish that Android devices had similar capability...

Sure does, but not as smoothly as it could since there is no certificate for the https redirected domain. Browsers usually throw a nagging error if they encounter such a situation.

No, pixelserv-tls and the YT redirector are unrelated and cannot and do not affect each other.

Where can I go to see the list of YT ad serving domains that have been caught by the beta YT ad blocking in Diversion?

Where can I go to see the list of YT ad serving domains that have been caught by the beta YT ad blocking in Diversion?
Code:
cat /opt/share/diversion/list/yt_blacklist

Gmail doesn't like zip files, change your settings to send individual files.
I have selected individual files, but I think it may still zip them. The only choices I had was tar or zip. But I am giving it a try.
I think it may have been a fluke since my email came through anyway, but I'm not positive about that.

That would be new to me, I've had my main router send zipped backup files via Gmail ever since I coded this into Diversion.

It started to baulk a few months ago on my weekly email from Diversion with zipped backup files, so I changed to individual attachments. I'm surprised you get special treatment from Google, considering your scripts must have cost them millions in lost revenue ;).

Just wish that Android devices had similar capability...

They do! SSH button has worked great for me. The link below will take to you post 41 which talks about SSH button.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!