What's new
  • SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

If the 'clean install' didn't include 'Format the JFFS partition on the next boot', it was not a clean install. :)

What steps were done specifically with the new USB drive and 'clean install'?
Clean install both the diversion and SkyNet. Also I did jffs format. But idk. It was before my usb was dead. So yeah it could be because of some leftovers diversion stuff. But it should've been removed anyways. Since I've installed the diversion script again and uninstall it again before reinstalling it again. So it should've been able to remove all of those leftovers files.

Clean install both the diversion and SkyNet. Also I did jffs format. But idk. It was before my usb was dead. So yeah it could be because of some leftovers diversion stuff. But it should've been removed anyways. Since I've installed the diversion script again and uninstall it again before reinstalling it again. So it should've been able to remove all of those leftovers files.
Enable diversion and then run dnsmasq --test to see if the resulting config file has any errors. Also make sure your new USB has a disk label.

@Matthew Patrick, leftover files are not automagically removed.

I would do a full/proper 'clean' install again.

Safely remove the USB drive. Format it on a PC to NTFS. Do not insert it into the router until the following steps are complete.

Select 'Format the JFFS partition on the next boot' and make sure you hit 'Apply' at the bottom of the page. Reboot the router 3 times in the next 15 minutes, waiting between 5 to 10 minutes between each reboot.

Now, insert the untouched NTFS formatted drive into the router and format it as outlined in the amtm Step-by-Step Guide (do not try to install amtm, of course. It is already installed on RMerlin firmware 384.15_0 or later).

Again, via amtm;

Create a 2GB swap file.

Enable disk checker.

Reboot and check the disk checker log for a healthy USB drive.

If all is right at this point, then I would use amtm to install the scripts you want. Do not use backups.

HTH.

Enable diversion and then run dnsmasq --test to see if the resulting config file has any errors. Also make sure your new USB has a disk label.
I'll try later on today... And my usb always has a name. SanDisk

@Matthew Patrick, leftover files are not automagically removed.

I would do a full/proper 'clean' install again.

Safely remove the USB drive. Format it on a PC to NTFS. Do not insert it into the router until the following steps are complete.

Select 'Format the JFFS partition on the next boot' and make sure you hit 'Apply' at the bottom of the page. Reboot the router 3 times in the next 15 minutes, waiting between 5 to 10 minutes between each reboot.

Now, insert the untouched NTFS formatted drive into the router and format it as outlined in the amtm Step-by-Step Guide (do not try to install amtm, of course. It is already installed on RMerlin firmware 384.15_0 or later).

Again, via amtm;

Create a 2GB swap file.

Enable disk checker.

Reboot and check the disk checker log for a healthy USB drive.

If all is right at this point, then I would use amtm to install the scripts you want. Do not use backups.

HTH.
I meant like if leftovers files are there. Installing it should have replaced the configuration files. And even if it doesn't replace it, uninstalling the script must remove it completely. Unless uninstalling via diversion isnt clean aka it leaves leftovers files.. but I'll try it later too. Can't do it now. Internet being used hehe

When a drive fails, you can't depend on a 'cleanup' of leftover files. :)

@dave14305 tried enabling diversion again. Confirmed the dns is not working. Tried the command. It just said syntax ok.
Looks like Dnsmasq cannot start for some reason when Diversion is enabled, preventing DNS resolution. Do you see entries in the Syslog from Dnsmasq?
If not, see if /opt/var/log/dnsmasq.log has lines that indicate failures or errors.

Looks like Dnsmasq cannot start for some reason when Diversion is enabled, preventing DNS resolution. Do you see entries in the Syslog from Dnsmasq?
If not, see if /opt/var/log/dnsmasq.log has lines that indicate failures or errors.

Don't have the log folder for some reasons. Also just for info I did use fd to do ext4 journalling, enable disk checker from amtm. Then install diversion which in the installation I installed the entware.

Don't have the log folder for some reasons. Also just for info I did use fd to do ext4 journalling, enable disk checker from amtm. Then install diversion which in the installation I installed the entware.
Do you have an /opt/var directory? Maybe Entware isn’t setting up correctly.

Do you have an /opt/var directory? Maybe Entware isn’t setting up correctly.
Those are all there. Just the log folder. And entware is working correctly. Everything is installed properly. I could even install smartmontools and it works like usual. Weird huh?. Diversion entware installation doesn't have any errors . Should've kept the log. But I removed it

Hello everybody,
I have the following problem with the android app google play:

diversion list standard / fs also for testing on standard

via pixel-svr ip, when a trailer is called, "A network problem has occurred"
the trailer is played via the ip of the fast switch (device on costum 1 in the DNS filter instead of router)

dnsmasq.log shows no blockages live (follow dnsmasq.log)

What is the difference between pixel-svr and fastswitch?
my guess https traffic / certificate ???

Hello everybody,
I have the following problem with the android app google play:

diversion list standard / fs also for testing on standard

via pixel-svr ip, when a trailer is called, "A network problem has occurred"
the trailer is played via the ip of the fast switch (device on costum 1 in the DNS filter instead of router)

dnsmasq.log shows no blockages live (follow dnsmasq.log)

What is the difference between pixel-svr and fastswitch?
my guess https traffic / certificate ???
You cannot compare pixelserv-tls with the fs function. pixelserv-tls is a software that answers to http and https traffic directed to it. The fs fastswitch is a function that switches between blocking list types. Usually one would use a smaller blocking list for the secondary type, which I would do if I were you. The blocking list(s) direct the containing domains to pixelserv-tls.

Thank you for your reply.
i am trying to understand the functions, therefore the same filter list on the fs.
now I have deactivated ps for the sake of testing, filter lists standard and ps are the same ... nevertheless the problem of the google play app remains,
Only in costum1 mode (fs-ip) do the trailer displays or the film call-up function.
In this constellation, both modes should behave identically, right ???

Running diversion atm, I see Netflix.com like to call home, I have just over 39,385 blocked

Crazy amount

Screen Shot 2020-10-12 at 9.20.42 AM.png

Has anyone had the issue where pixelserv-tls stops running?

I've just disabled it because I keep restarting it but it stops running.

Has anyone had the issue where pixelserv-tls stops running?

I've just disabled it because I keep restarting it but it stops running.
There will be entries in the Syslog why it stops working.

Thank you for your reply.
i am trying to understand the functions, therefore the same filter list on the fs.
now I have deactivated ps for the sake of testing, filter lists standard and ps are the same ... nevertheless the problem of the google play app remains,
Only in costum1 mode (fs-ip) do the trailer displays or the film call-up function.
In this constellation, both modes should behave identically, right ???
So you are using the alternate blocking list (b, 6). I cannot reproduce your problem on my Android phone. All trailers I watched work through both the primary and secondary lists. They block indeed the exact same domains if both use the same blocking list.

I have the YouTube adblocking enabled. Should I keep seeing the same video ads over and over again though? I thought diversion was supposed to learn and adapt?

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!