What's new
  • SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I only have amtm and diversion and cannot see the diversion webUI on any tab (tools and lan included). I even used uu to force update and restarted the router buy still cannot see the webUI.

Do I need to install uiDivStats?

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk
- NEW : Option to enable the Diversion WebUI beta in d.

I would've agreed to that argument 100% prior to the introduction of Addons page but now since we have it and respectfully Diversion is still an Addon script to the Asuswrt-Merlin so IMHO it belongs in the Addons tab. @RMerlin adds that page and Addons API for a reason, to give developers a centralized way and page to use for their scripts WebUI but if developers are not going to use it then it seems like a wasted effort.
You are mistaken, that Tab is added by @Jack Yaz 'es script(s), not the Firmware.

I would've agreed to that argument 100% prior to the introduction of Addons page but now since we have it and respectfully Diversion is still an Addon script to the Asuswrt-Merlin so IMHO it belongs in the Addons tab. @RMerlin adds that page and Addons API for a reason, to give developers a centralized way and page to use for their scripts WebUI but if developers are not going to use it then it seems like a wasted effort. Regarding the 10 page limit, I'm sure it can be increased (he initially started with 6 pages and later on increased it to 10) but if developers will not use it in the fear that the page tabs will run out of space then no one will use it as designed and that page will remain empty.

But in any case, it's just my opinion and in the end, it's your script and you're the big boss here. [emoji16]
@RMerlin specifically added this to the API to add a page anywhere, only @john9527 interpreted it differently.
No matter what the opinions, I stay firm along with @Adamm that the tab goes where it belongs.
End of discussion for me about this topic, it is moot. I am the coder and made the decision based on logic and my preferences.

I would've agreed to that argument 100% prior to the introduction of Addons page but now since we have it and respectfully Diversion is still an Addon script to the Asuswrt-Merlin so IMHO it belongs in the Addons tab. @RMerlin adds that page and Addons API for a reason, to give developers a centralized way and page to use for their scripts WebUI but if developers are not going to use it then it seems like a wasted effort. Regarding the 10 page limit, I'm sure it can be increased (he initially started with 6 pages and later on increased it to 10) but if developers will not use it in the fear that the page tabs will run out of space then no one will use it as designed and that page will remain empty.

But in any case, it's just my opinion and in the end, it's your script and you're the big boss here. [emoji16]
@RMerlin specifically added this to the API to add a page anywhere, only @john9527 interpreted it differently.
No matter what the opinions, I stay firm along with @Adamm that the tab goes where it belongs.
End of discussion for me about this topic, it is moot. I am the coder and made the decision based on logic and my preferences.
My bad for trying to be clever and creating an Addons area :(

only @john9527 interpreted it differently.
You can still do it your way if you venture into modifying state.js instead of menuTree.js.

https://github.com/john9527/asuswrt-merlin/blob/374.43_2-update/release/src/router/www/state.js#L515
https://github.com/john9527/asuswrt-merlin/blob/374.43_2-update/release/src/router/www/state.js#L531
See: [Fork] Asuswrt-Merlin 374.43 LTS releases (V44E5)

If you go this path, there’s another aesthetic issue with the left menu bar not highlighting when a user page is selected. Need further changes to state.js depending on your asp filename and your desired L1 tab number.
[Fork] Asuswrt-Merlin 374.43 LTS releases (V44E5)

Just my opinion....
I tried to provide a simple way to support addons that doesn't require messing with the base firmware gui code (state.js/menuTree.js). I believe that multiple developers messing with that code is a recipe for disaster and eventually we'll get a conflict/breakage.

[Error] No compatible device(s) found to install
Diversion on.
This happened to me a few days ago out of the blue. The thumb drive wasn't being seen. Unplugging it and plugging it in again fixed it for me.

This happened to me a few days ago out of the blue. The thumb drive wasn't being seen. Unplugging it and plugging it in again fixed it for me.
I agree, check to make sure thumb drive is recognized and mounted.

I've pushed a Diversion update, no version change

- NEW : Option to enable the Diversion WebUI beta in d.
- CHANGED: Dnsmasq and pixelserv-tls operation functions to make them compatible with the new WebUI functions.
So far so good, Home page and both tests work fine.

I've pushed a Diversion update, no version change

- CHANGED: WebUI beta minor error correction, page switch loading time set to 1 second.

Please report inconsistencies and errors.

Use the WebUI to update, or if your really must, use u to update.
I used the WebUI to update, and received an apparent error (attached). I checked the Diversion Web Update.log (attached), which didn't seem to show any glaring problems. I then attempted an update via WebUI again, and it showed all was good and up-to-date without needed to update. So, it looks like it worked the first time, but threw an false error. FYI.
Annotation 2020-05-31 100139.jpg

Attachments

• Web Update Error Log.txt
    1.8 KB · Views: 118
I used the WebUI to update, and received an apparent error (attached). I checked the Diversion Web Update.log (attached), which didn't seem to show any glaring problems. I then attempted an update via WebUI again, and it showed all was good and up-to-date without needed to update. So, it looks like it worked the first time, but threw an false error. FYI.View attachment 23823

I received the same issue.

I used the WebUI to update, and received an apparent error (attached). I checked the Diversion Web Update.log (attached), which didn't seem to show any glaring problems. I then attempted an update via WebUI again, and it showed all was good and up-to-date without needed to update. So, it looks like it worked the first time, but threw an false error. FYI.
I received the same issue.
One could say that error is more an assumption than a real result of the update process. Will be sorted and done right with a next release. Thanks.

I've added a one second delay, see if that helps.
Sorry, Martin: no difference; when I select one of the other tabs, I still have to wait for the swirling circle to complete, and then - because the original tab remains on show - have to select that new tab a second time (and wait for the swirling circle to complete) before it will switch to the new selected tab. And it makes no difference which of the 3 tabs is selected to switch to.

Tried also with my iPad (as well as my iPhone) but same thing.

If I’m the only one who has this, then clearly it’s not worth wasting time on.

I'm not sure if it was intended but I have this large banner when I hover over the name...

banner.jpg

Any specific reason to not use the Addons page? Technically Diversion is not a native part of Asuswrt-Merlin (well not yet wink wink) and it's an Add-on to Asuswrt-Merlin so all such script's Web-Ui should be under that page instead of scattered all over the firmware WebUI, that's just my two cents.

BTW it's looking nice!!
Agreed. What's Diversion page doing on the LAN panel? Let's put addons to the firmware on the Addons panel.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!