What's new

Ethernet printer not working on OSX after upgrade

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

dream3

New Around Here
Hello fellas/Merlin!

I was happily using the 374.35_4 firmware on my 2 asus n66us. I had my printer connected via ethernet to the main router.

After upgrading to 376.45_0 latest version on both router and repeater, ALL my macbooks stopped seeing the printer. It won't connect no matter what settings I put when I add a new printer.

On windows however, printer works fine.

On router, I set DHCP to give printer a fixed IP. I have tried to set printer prefs on OSX to 192.168.1.1 and 192.168.1.200 (printer's IP), both failed.

Finally, I noticed when I hit "LPD printer sharing for MAC" within the asus FAQ, it doesn't show anything anymore. It used to show exactly how to set up. So that got me thinking that ASUS might have dropped support for LPD printers in newer firmwares.

SO, can anyone confirm whether is really asus new firmware dropping support or if it's a bug on latest merlin?
And could I downgrade the firmware just on the router, where the printer is connected, but leave the repeater with the latest?

Printer takes 3 mins to print under USB connecting and I have no "scan" tab enabled, meaning I cant scan. I HAVE to use ethernet so everything goes smoothly.

Last edited:
With that big jump in firmware versions, did you do a full reset of the routers and then manually configure both afterwards?

You may also want to try the new 376.47 Beta2 too.

With that big jump in firmware versions, did you do a full reset of the routers and then manually configure both afterwards?

You may also want to try the new 376.47 Beta2 too.

yeah I hit "factory defaults" before and after the upgrade.

Why do you sat that new beta might help me out?

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!