What's new

Release [Fork] Asuswrt-Merlin 374 LTS release 49E4

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's nothing in log: no "start wireless", no "stop wireless"; I find two "restart_wireless" when I manually restart. I will test the schedule with different hours.
I did a quick review of the code....nothing special jumped out. I did see that they aren't using rc services to turn the wireless on/.off, so no log entry.
So I added a log entry for the next release.

I did a quick review of the code....nothing special jumped out. I did see that they aren't using rc services to turn the wireless on/.off, so no log entry.
So I added a log entry for the next release.
Thank you John; in the next days I will check if it woek with different hours. I don't know if could help, but I'm in GMT+1, than 0 to 24.

Updated primary router (RT-AC68U) to 49D6 today.
In case of 5GHz and media bridge connections all is (still) good.

Like mentioned by @john9527 .. when using version 49D6 in router mode there are some 2.4GHz connection issues.
In my case it's just one 2.4GHz device which is not connecting anymore .. not at all.

Hope you find workaround for the "problem" 2.4GHz devices too :)

Cheers

EDIT: Sorry .. I did re-test again .. after several times the "problem" device does connect on 2.4GHz too.
It's an (older) Android tablet .. Nexus 7 2013 running lineage-18.1.
For this device it's no real problem anyway .. as it can make 5GHz connection too.
On version 49E4 and before the same device never had any issues and did connect quickly on 2.4GHz.
Sorry again .. for not testing properly before posting. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I was long-term user of the 'original' Merlin, before reverting to the stock firmware when support for the N66U was dropped, only to find that USB tethering was initially unreliable, then impossible following the last release.

Having discovered this fork, my phone now tethers to the router without problems, and everything is running smoothly - so thanks :)

In my case it's just one 2.4GHz device which is not connecting anymore .. not at all.
Interesting....there have been reports of 'problems' on the latest Merlin as well with 2.4GHz.

In my case, the devices (an old Vizio TV, a first gen Ring doorbell and a first gen Ring camera) cycled connecting/disconnecting for a few minutes. But then everything settled down and they have worked fine since. Try and go to the Wireless Status page and keep refreshing to see if you see the same.

On the problem device, have you tried forgetting the connection and setting it up again?

Interesting....there have been reports of 'problems' on the latest Merlin as well with 2.4GHz.

In my case, the devices (an old Vizio TV, a first gen Ring doorbell and a first gen Ring camera) cycled connecting/disconnecting for a few minutes. But then everything settled down and they have worked fine since. Try and go to the Wireless Status page and keep refreshing to see if you see the same.

On the problem device, have you tried forgetting the connection and setting it up again?

Nexus 7 was similar .. connecting/disconnecting all the time.
At some point the device did "see" 5GHz networks only.
After full reboot of the Android tablet and forgetting/re-adding network configuration it finally worked.
Now it's connected to hidden 2.4GHz - like before - all good !

Thanks !

I'm able to use the repeater if I'm connected to a 2.4ghz network, but not if I'm connected to 5ghz. On 5ghz even over ethernet I cannot access the router. This is consistent with pretty much every firmware I've tried so far (AC1900P)

I'm able to use the repeater if I'm connected to a 2.4ghz network, but not if I'm connected to 5ghz. On 5ghz even over ethernet I cannot access the router. This is consistent with pretty much every firmware I've tried so far (AC1900P)
Sorry, but I'm not able to quite follow what you are having a problem with.....
Can you give a bit more detail and exactly what you are doing that seems to not be working?

Sorry, but I'm not able to quite follow what you are having a problem with.....
Can you give a bit more detail and exactly what you are doing that seems to not be working?
So when I put the router into repeater mode, I'm able to view both my original 2.4ghz network and 5ghz network and connect to either. If I connect the repeater to the 2.4ghz network it works as expected. If I connect the repeater to the 5ghz network nothing works. I have to fully reset the router to gain access to it again, even via LAN.

So when I put the router into repeater mode, I'm able to view both my original 2.4ghz network and 5ghz network and connect to either. If I connect the repeater to the 2.4ghz network it works as expected. If I connect the repeater to the 5ghz network nothing works. I have to fully reset the router to gain access to it again, even via LAN.
Just set up a repeater AC68, connected the repeater to the 5GHz network, and everything works fine. Tried both different and same repeater SSIDs. Sorry, but I can't recreate any problem.
A couple of things to double check...
- When you connect the repeater, it becomes a client of the parent router. So make sure you are accessing via the new IP address and not router.asus.com. You can also assign a name and IP for the repeater on the parent router.
- If there was an SSL cert generated for the repeater before it was placed in repeater mode, that cert will not longer be valid because of the change in IP address. Easiest thing is just to use http (not https) with the new address.

What does IPV6 DHCP Server imply?
I tried disabling it but still got my IPV6 working, so not sure what it does?

I think 50AA21 comes out any day now.

Thanks John for this, working a treat on my rt-n66u. i have it soley tetherd to smartphone. No signal dropouts anymore. Thanks again

I've made some test on the wifi schedule: for 3 days all ok (start 6.30 am, stop 11.00 pm), the 4th id didn't start up; not done any config changes or something else on the N66U...
I will test the logs in the next release.

Latest Dev 50xx working great...thanks!
Thanks.....got sidetracked before I could get some release notes together....there are a couple of 'new' features in that build :)

Real quick....
  • under Samba server you can enable sharing broadcast by Avahi on the ARM routers. Windows doesn't use it, but Linux and iOS do.
  • If you have an access point connected (both parent router and AP running my fork)....the wireless log on the AP can now show the IP address and Hostname. To make it work, http access must be enabled on both with the same settings (username, password and port).

Last edited:
Thanks.....got sidetracked before I could get some release notes together....there are a couple of 'new' features in that build :)

Real quick....
  • under Samba server you can enable sharing broadcast by Avahi on the ARM routers. Windows doesn't use it, but Linux and iOS do.
  • If you have an access point connected (both parent router and AP running my fork)....the wireless log on the AP can now show the IP address and Hostname. To make it work, http access must be enabled on both with the same settings (username, password and port).
The old Development folder lives! I kept looking in the new Development-Beta folder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!