What's new

FlexQoS FlexQoS 1.0 - Flexible QoS Enhancement Script for Adaptive QoS

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Here are the results:
Thx for advice Kanji-San

65221149.png

Once you configured Adaptive QoS with FlexQoS, you should try this http://www.dslreports.com/speedtest and look at buffer bloat.
What bother me if my settings are good / redundancy / useless ....
Please read post 990 to understand my needs and to verify my "scripts"... iptable and so if you have patience
Thx for any idea

Yes, but for my son gaming point of view, I need some improvements and I want to know if I'm limited by the ISP / new router or some settings ... AdaptiveQos / Flex or other ....
For web surfing / download and Netflix / HBO streaming is OK now with Flex ... but I not so sure if my settings are good or have limitations or are overlap each other or with other main settings from router ....
I realize my speed measurement was taken when I download something / Netflix working hard in 4K and another PC is online gaming.
I will repeat the test when I have no disturbing users to compare with the first one ...

Thx for assistance Kanji-San
and I'm glad to hear other ideas / solutions

Please tell me what could eliminate or is useless ( redundancy maybe ) in my iptable or is necessary to put MARK or not ... the order on iptable is must or is done by the match between rule / mark and I don't know. For me MARK 08005A is only for FORTNITE game ... so far but could be applied only for one IP or to multimple IP's ( also for PS4 as example ) to be in same category - GAMING.
From your original screenshot, I think you can delete (starting from the bottom):
- Rule 7 (Mark 08005A already prioritized as Gaming)
- Rule 6 (12003F is already moved to Web Surfing by AppDB rule)
- Rule 5 (040084 is already in Streaming)
- Rule 4 (08005A is already in Gaming)
- Rule 2 (010002 is already in Downloads)
- Rule 1 (11003E is already in Work-From-Home)

From your original screenshot, I think you can delete (starting from the bottom):

Thx DAVE for cleaning my mess.
I already update to Merlin last firmware 384.19 and restore JFFS and FlexQos is in place again .
Will be further updates to Flex related cu last Merlin firmware ?
If you have any improvement ideas to test or to share to make my crowded network function "almost "perfect, let me know.
I'll be around here.

Keep up the excellent work

Thx DAVE for cleaning my mess.
I already update to Merlin last firmware 384.19 and restore JFFS and FlexQos is in place again .
Will be further updates to Flex related cu last Merlin firmware ?
If you have any improvement ideas to test or to share to make my crowded network function "almost "perfect, let me know.
I'll be around here.

Keep up the excellent work
The only rule I think you should add would be the Gaming rule listed in post #3 so that Untracked connections (except ports 80 or 443) from gaming machines are assumed to be Gaming priority.

The only rule I think you should add would be the Gaming rule listed in post #3 so that Untracked connections (except ports 80 or 443) from gaming machines are assumed to be Gaming priority.

Hi DAVE
I do the rule for untracked connection like this ( SEE Bellow ) and after apply the chats with download / upload vanish, I remove the rule and after that only download chart is on his place ... ( se attach )

- Local IP/CIDR: PS4 IP address
- Remote IP/CIDR: blank
- Proto: BOTH
- Local Port: blank
- Remote Port: !80,443
- Mark: 000000
- Class: Gaming

I don't know if I write the rule wrong but something is missing "in action"
See in attach the only remain rules after the cleaning process ....
Thx for support

Attachments

• error after rule  000000 .jpg
    error after rule 000000 .jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 96
  • iprules.jpg
    iprules.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 97
Hi DAVE
I do the rule for untracked connection like this ( SEE Bellow ) and after apply the chats with download / upload vanish, I remove the rule and after that only download chart is on his place ... ( se attach )

- Local IP/CIDR: PS4 IP address
- Remote IP/CIDR: blank
- Proto: BOTH
- Local Port: blank
- Remote Port: !80,443
- Mark: 000000
- Class: Gaming

I don't know if I write the rule wrong but something is missing "in action"
See in attach the only remain rules after the cleaning process ....
Thx for support
Auto Refresh was disabled at the top. Change it back to 3, 5, or 10 seconds.

I put on 3 / 5 / 10 but nothing changed ...:(
I reload backup JFFS ... and nada ... :(
I load the ASUS GUI in other browser ... and nada :(
Reeboot 2 times the Router and nothing happened

Try some ON/OFF on Adaptive QOS ?
I presume is something from ASUS new firmware ?
Also I do not have adblocker active ....

Last edited:
Hi everyone,

Apologies for barging again with a stupid question. I did a full reset to my router, fresh latest firmware install etc. and noticed that FlexQOS' Debug doesn't change whatsoever no matter what I choose in Adaptive QOS "Customize" button. It always displays the below. I don't mind this configuration, prioritizing VOIP, video calls over Netflix etc and file/torrent/game downloading. But how can I make sure that this is actually working and is there a reason for the order not to change in Debug?

Code:
FlexQoS v1.0.0 released 2020-08-08

Debug:

Log date: 2020-08-15 15:43:35+0100
Router Model: RT-AC68U
Firmware Ver: 384.18_0
tc WAN iface: eth0
Undf Prio: 2
Undf FlowID: 1:13
Classes Present: 8
Down Band: 66560
Up Band  : 17408
Net Control: 1:10
Work-From-Home: 1:11
Gaming: 1:12
Others: 1:13
Web Surfing: 1:14
Streaming: 1:15
File Downloads: 1:16
Game Downloads: 1:17

But how can I make sure that this is actually working and is there a reason for the order not to change in Debug?
Post the output of:
Bash:
cat /tmp/bwdpi/qosd.conf
nvram get bwdpi_app_rulelist
Check your nvram usage in the GUI.

I wonder if UPnP is basically equivalent with full cone except that UPnP is dynamic and full cone applies to all clients and connections?
Are the results the same from a gaming perspective?
Actually upnp is just for port forwarding full cone is open Nat in Netgears options but it's more how the firewall handles port forwarding, I'll have to find the propper explanation again I'm a bit rusty on the details.

hi David
Upload chart and classes now missing and I try to download the png from GUI web and is no image and size 1k despite with same procedure for Download chart who is seeing as png file as proper as 16k size image. Somewhere the chart / classes is broken link and I don't know where ? in GUI web interface or in loading process ? . Also I told you I try different web browsers and the same problem.

Despite that ... everything is fine ... QOS ... gaming ... streaming ... weekend stuff
Please Help o_O

Fair enough DAVE .. Thx you for all advices ...It's gold for me ... What try to understand is how it work ...all Flex

Please tell me what could eliminate or is useless ( redundancy maybe ) in my iptable or is necessary to put MARK or not ... the order on iptable is must or is done by the match between rule / mark and I don't know. For me MARK 08005A is only for FORTNITE game ... so far but could be applied only for one IP or to multimple IP's ( also for PS4 as example ) to be in same category - GAMING.

I have only one PC who play only one game, the other PC and devices are setup to do only one thing in general. Exception is only one PS4 who should be treated as GAMING like the other PC ( I have surprise myself play some GOD 5 / Uncharted / Dishonered / Gran Turismo and few others ;) )

What I try is to assign each one a "rule" to be sure all devices can run in the same time with excellent results assigned with my ISP speed.
By the way ... My original speed was 470 - 480 mbps and now barelly have 300-320 mbps max BUT when few devices are active they can do a decent - good job without interfere each other like in the past when one device came in place the other suffer in terms of speed and "fluidity" if you know what I mean.

Big problem try to solve also is the latency ... In speed test latency is 8-10ms but in my son game was 50-60ms ... Sometimes he go in the middle of the night to play in special GAME hall, this game, were latency is no more then 15-20ms ... and I try to solve the latency problem to be at home with all covid problems in the city, who are not negligible at all here.

I know the simple solution should be a separate ISP fiber PPPOE line with 500mbps - 1000mbps but for long term is more expensive for me to keep 2 ISP on the house.

Thank you again DAVE
I'm here for anyone who have solutions or ideas
Cristake
Did you set the per packet overhead for your connection and use 95% of your speed test value?

Also are you using fq_codel or sfq?

It certainly isn’t a requirement that 100% of bandwidth be allocated as minimums, and his original script didn’t enforce 100%, but if that was his logic it’s good to know.
I meant that the total of all bandwidth had to add up to 100%, so even if you set a class to 1% it should be fine as lo as the total of all classes add up to 100, this is off memory.

fq_codel and I go down now ... I'm on 300/20 despite my paper payment for 500/30
My speed slowing after I bridge the original ISP router with ASUS RT86 ... With ISP router the speed was very good 470/27. I don't know why is happening ?

Last edited:
Are you playing over wifi or eithernet?
ONLY WIRED ... never wifi and only two devices PC and PS4 and never in the same time because my son play FORNITE, but with a lot of stress elements from other devices at home ... wired or wifi .. this time ... streaming 4k / file transfer / voip for work ... almost all in the same time ...

I read somewhere in forum about discussions real QOS to manage multiple connections proper and RT86 was not on the list ....

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!