What's new

FTTP setup advice with VOIP

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

TrebleTA

So just updated my internet to full Fiber, I now have VOIP, I was using a DSL AX82u and can still use this device but not sure were I stand with VOIP, Its completely new to me.

So I'm using the ISP device that dose not have a bridge more of anything, so I can use the VOIP. Then on the asus am using the wan port and static ip all is working.

What can I do so I can get rid of the ISP device and still use VOIP?

You'll have to state who your ISP is and what device they are supplying. Nobody can guess your setup or what restrictions your ISP may have imposed.

I tried my ax82u in wan mode to the bt openreach ont, all worked. So it's how to get voip?
Would a different model router do it, or do I have to use a sky voip device?

Last edited:
So I've looked at the odd device, an just dont know, if I got a eth based voip device, could I connect it to a asus router. Would it work?

Am not finding anything clear about this, even when I look at voip ata device, there is nothing clear, and the phone ports look like dsl ports.

I also hate the fact that at mo due to VOIP I am being forced to use there crap.

Last edited:
While I'm with a different ISP (vodafone UK) I'm one of the few that has managed to ditch my ISP's router and keep the landline. There are 3 main ingredients to the recipe:
1. A compatible ATA or ethernet voip phone.
2. The voip details from your isp.
3. Patience and cunning - though you get the details from the isp there's still a lot of other settings you need to get right, which can only be done by experimenting.

Vodafone tend to loath giving out the voip details, I really hope that sky are more reasonable.

I'm using the Grandstream HT801 but the HT812 has also been proved to work.
The info you'll need from your isp:
User id
Password
Server
Proxy server
SIP port

Last edited:
Never mind, seems i am stuck with it, they do not support it and the only way is via there hub or I get a different provider for the Voip.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!