What's new

Help setting up an HP network printer

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

CyHawk

Occasional Visitor
Hi -
I'm having a lot of issues setting up an HP M426fdw printer. Computers are not seeing the printer during the install (while using the install disk) or trying to find it over the wifi. Finally got it installed on my desktop (Windows 7) which is wired, later it wouldn't print. My MacBook Pro, it saw the printer immediately, 10 minutes later it was idle and it couldn't wake it up to print. My wifes work laptop (Windows 7 enterprise) took almost 2 hours to connect, had to manually put in the ip to get it to connect, we also had to go through the install twice before it would print. One reboot later and it wasn't printing.

My question, is there any settings for the router that I could adjust to make this printer work? I have an Asus 3100 running firmware 3.0.0.4.380_7266.

Any help is appreciated!

the best tip I can offer for the Embedded Web Services on HP printers is to fix the IP address to a static address (not DHCP) - then they do tend to work better and be more stable...

on many of the HP's - there's a checkbox for that in the WebUI of the printer - just make sure it's outside of the DHCP scope of the router...

Thanks for the reply sfx! Still having issues installing drivers, devices not seeing the printer, if installed, not everything works. It's been a nightmare. I've spent 8 hours so far trying different settings, uninstalling and reinstalling with little luck. I'm about ready to take the HP back and get the Brother instead.
Thanks again!

hi cyhawk
suggestion :launch ASUS printer utility that can download at printer page,after utility find your router,let PC automatically install printer driver.
and before this please unstall printer dirver of your PC.

hi cyhawk
suggestion :launch ASUS printer utility that can download at printer page,after utility find your router,let PC automatically install printer driver.
and before this please unstall printer dirver of your PC.

I already took the HP back. I'll try it with my old printer, maybe it will help connecting with my wifes laptop.

Thanks!