What's new

IKEv2 VPN Support

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

jdpg2

Occasional Visitor
Has anyone setup IKEv2 VPN support using this Asuswrt-Merlin? Windows Phone 8.1 only supports this IPsec Protocol.

Thanks

Has anyone setup IKEv2 VPN support using this Asuswrt-Merlin? Windows Phone 8.1 only supports this IPsec Protocol.

Thanks

You will need to install Strongswan through Entware/Optware to configure an IPSEC tunnel. Most crypto should already be included in the firmware kernel.

No idea about the details, I never looked at Strongswan.

I've checked this topic : http://www.smallnetbuilder.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12916

It seems to be quite tricky to configure. I have a Windows Phone 8.1, but I think I will wait for OpenVPN solution.

I have it from a good source that OpenVPN wont be a supported solution for the windows phone 8.1 platform. So if we want to VPN into our home networks via IKEv2 we are going to need to figure it out ourselves. Looks like its time to play around...