What's new

Interesting IP/Routing conflict

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

T.S.Fellow

Occasional Visitor
I am using an Asus Lyra behind an RT-AC88U for whole home VPN. Lyra is a client of the main router setup as a VPN server.

I noticed that in the Lyra there are 2 errors. 1 that states the WAN IP has an issue. I have tried the router IP, an assigned IP, the ISP IP, etc. Nothing will make that go away. And most changes prevent the network from staying up and routing properly, other than the WAN IP I am using now, which is an assigned IP within the main vpn server's (RT-AC88U) netmask.

What I am mostly concerned with, is that when I get the Lyra to connect to the VPN server (RT-AC88U), it always shows an IP/Routing conflict. Most other options I used would fail to connect period.
View attachment 13657

Here is where things get interesting/confusing. The VPN server (RT-AC88U) shows packets going back and forth. And the logs seem to appear to have connected the device properly. Just curious if anyone else has run into this, or has any suggestions? Tried to check wireshark for encryption, but was on a Cisco device protected by umbrella, so it appears most things are encrypted regardless, so made testing hard to verify.

Any chance it has to do with Merlin running on the VPN server?

View attachment 13658