What's new

IP routing conflict for VPN on boot

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

webreaper

Occasional Visitor
I'm running 380.65 on an RT-AC68U, and have a VPN server, and two OpenVPN clients set up (client1 and client2) configured. I use routing to direct traffic to the appropriate one (NAS traffic goes via one VPN, laptop traffic via another, and some IoT devices go direct to the WAN).

I've noticed that when I reboot the router, after it starts up the client1 VPN just fine, but the client2 VPN fails to start with a 'Routing conflict!' error. However, if I go into the admin screen, and stop client2 and then start it again, it starts up just fine and works perfectly.

I'm not a networking expert (software developer...), so not really sure where to start. What's the best way to debug this? Can I pull logs and see what the problem is at startup? Any ideas on how to fix?

Any help gratefully appreciated.

Try with 380.66 there is a new rule: mode to OpenVPN clients called "Policy Rule (Strict)".
Se change log for more info.

Ah, thanks. I didn't see the new version was out - last version I saw just had a couple of minor tweaks, so I didn't bother. Will give it a go. Thanks!

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!