What's new

IPv6 Support in D-Link products?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

vnangia

Tim,

I came across the single-stream DIR-600 today, and while perusing through the emulator, I discovered that this $40 router supports IPv6 out of the box, while my $130 DIR-655 most definitely does not. This is especially useful for me to check in with Asian government sites which are already on IPv6 (and are often IPv6, only). Currently Hurricane Electric's TunnelBroker.net service is working well for me, but only from one machine, and this seems like a really nifty way of expanding the service.

You mentioned in another thread in response to Michael's question about a router replacement that D-Link was going through a major firmware overhaul. I was wondering if any that means whether we should look forward to IPv6 support being retrofitted on these routers? And if you don't know, is there someone you or I could ask at D-Link?

Thanks,
-V.

D-Link's firmware change has nothing to do with feature set. It's more to do with the development system and code base.

You can try posting over in the D-Link forums.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!