What's new

Issue with GuestWifi on 386.1

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

SammyG

Occasional Visitor
Hi All

I normally keep all of my IOT devices on the guest network and this usually works well. However I’ve been running into a situation where the first network stop broadcasting and I have to reboot.

Upgraded my AC86U to 386.1 on the weekend and configured from scratch. Originally had my IOT network on Guest One but switched to Guest Two yesterday. Problem is that the router decides to stop broadcasting the guest network after a few hours. Most recently, everything was working at 10PM last night. I woke up at 6AM and the Wi-Fi switches showed they were disconnected. I rebooted the router. The Wi-Fi switches went offline again at 9AMish. Had to reboot. Then again at 3:15ish.

It’s driving me up the wall.

Edit. It must have detected me complaining about it because it's not working again.

I try joining the IOT network on my phone: get a can't connect error.

Nothing obvious in the logs.

I see a bunch of DHCP messages for my hardwired computer:

Feb 11 16:07:21 TREX dnsmasq-dhcp[3261]: DHCPINFORM(br0) 192.169.2.### MAC_ADDR
Feb 11 16:07:21 TREX dnsmasq-dhcp[3261]: DHCPACK(br0) 192.169.2.#MAC_ADDR HOST_NAME

this repeats 10-20x

Also, get this message sporadically

Feb 11 15:40:45 TREX kernel: [tdts_shell_ioctl_stat:256] Recv ioctl req with op 2

Last edited:
Router model?
And did you do a hard factory reset and manually reconfigure as the release notes say you might have to do?

So tried the hard reset and reconfigured from scratch. Still no dice. Frequent disconnects (2-5X a day). Requires a reboot to fix (in addition to the one scheduled daily for 3AM).

ive tried everything I can think of.

Hard reset
Reconfigure from scratch.
Fixed to 20MHz and a specific channel
Turned off beam forming and MUMIMO
Turned off AiProtect
Not running any scripts

Any other ideas?

tl;dr:

2.4GHz guest Wi-Fi network #2. Network seems to drop all clients and refuses to let anyone join every few hours. Requires a router reboot to fix.