What's new

Just got AT&T Fiber 1 Gbps download and upload any cloud service that will handle 1 Gbps upload ?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

What are you trying to do? With a single TCP session, you will unlikely find anything that can hit 1Gbps due to latency. It really depends on what protocol and how many concurrent sessions there will be.

What are you trying to do? With a single TCP session, you will unlikely find anything that can hit 1Gbps due to latency. It really depends on what protocol and how many concurrent sessions there will be.

Trying to upload a test file to dropbox.com at maximum speed. Is this possible or not really?

Again....you have to understand the protocols in use and the latency between you and the provider. It is unlikely you will get anywhere 1Gbps uploads with any provider using HTTPS. I think my best upload speeds have been to AWS, but they still weren't 1Gbps. I think the best I have seen was around 350Mbps'ish. I think even from work where we have AWS Direct Connects with sub-10ms latency to S3 we max out single session transfers under 500Mbps. If you use multiple sessions, you should easily be able to saturate your connection.

Again....you have to understand the protocols in use and the latency between you and the provider. It is unlikely you will get anywhere 1Gbps uploads with any provider using HTTPS. I think my best upload speeds have been to AWS, but they still weren't 1Gbps. I think the best I have seen was around 350Mbps'ish. I think even from work where we have AWS Direct Connects with sub-10ms latency to S3 we max out single session transfers under 500Mbps. If you use multiple sessions, you should easily be able to saturate your connection.

Ok thank you!

If you're looking for internet backup, BackBlaze is the fastest that I've found.

Unless you have a huge house of people all using the internet at the same time there is really know reason anybody needs Gig service. Not many if any servers can accept or receive that speed. I know it looks cool on speed tests. That's about it.

Unless you have a huge house of people all using the internet at the same time there is really know reason anybody needs Gig service. Not many if any servers can accept or receive that speed. I know it looks cool on speed tests. That's about it.

I highly disagree.

I highly disagree.

That's fine disagree. I know many people who got Gig fiber and at first were in love with it. Then after a few months they realized there internet was not any different then it was before Gig service and went back to 100 or 300 mbps they had before and saved a few bucks. To each there own it's your money.

That's fine disagree. I know many people who got Gig fiber and at first were in love with it. Then after a few months they realized there internet was not any different then it was before Gig service and went back to 100 or 300 mbps they had before and saved a few bucks. To each there own it's your money.

What is not to love about being able to stream 20 streams of 4k content in HDR all at the same time? While downloading a steam game, uploading to your personal cloud storage, and downloading windows updates.

What is not to love about being able to stream 20 streams of 4k content in HDR all at the same time? While downloading a steam game, uploading to your personal cloud storage, and downloading windows updates.

There is nothing wrong with it. But most people don't use there internet in that way. If you have a reason to need Gig then by all means. All I am saying most do not.

As an example, I was all excited about AT&T fiber Gb. coming to our neighborhood *smile*. At $90/month, I decided I wasn't quite as excited, and would give the 100/100 tier a try at $50/month. And use the extra $40/month towards a streaming internet TV provider. Anyways, the 100/100 tier has been great. We actually get about 120/120, which is what they provision their 100/100 tier at. And since it's fiber, we get the 120/120 all the time, very consistent. That's all the internet that we need, as it turns out. We're often streaming different TV shows, and have guests as well doing the same. As well as the usual complement of mobile devices, computers, laptops, and IoT devices.

Of course, our streaming of 4K video is pretty rare, don't really see a need for that.

If and when we decide that we need more internet, we can go to the 300/300 tier. Again, at a savings over the 1Gb. tier. But if you have money to burn and just want to be able to tell people that you have 1Gb. fiber, go for it *smile*.

As an example, I was all excited about AT&T fiber Gb. coming to our neighborhood *smile*. At $90/month, I decided I wasn't quite as excited, and would give the 100/100 tier a try at $50/month. And use the extra $40/month towards a streaming internet TV provider. Anyways, the 100/100 tier has been great. We actually get about 120/120, which is what they provision their 100/100 tier at. And since it's fiber, we get the 120/120 all the time, very consistent. That's all the internet that we need, as it turns out. We're often streaming different TV shows, and have guests as well doing the same. As well as the usual complement of mobile devices, computers, laptops, and IoT devices.

Of course, our streaming of 4K video is pretty rare, don't really see a need for that.

If and when we decide that we need more internet, we can go to the 300/300 tier. Again, at a savings over the 1Gb. tier. But if you have money to burn and just want to be able to tell people that you have 1Gb. fiber, go for it *smile*.

We get it for $70 a month for life.

We now pay $40 a month for 1 Gbps download and 1 Gbps upload connection.

It is a no brainier to not get the highest tier.

We now pay $40 a month for 1 Gbps download and 1 Gbps upload connection.

It is a no brainier to not get the highest tier.
$40 for 1Gbps download/upload??? That is quite the deal! What part of the world are you from?

What is not to love about being able to stream 20 streams of 4k content in HDR

On what? Do you have 20 x 4K TVs in your house? Because streaming 4K on a phone with 5.5” screen is just waste of bandwidth.

$40 for 1Gbps download/upload??? That is quite the deal! What part of the world are you from?
I pay $50 for my 1Gbps / 750 Mbps package

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!