What's new

Kamoj Kamoj Add-on 5.1 Beta testing poll

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Do you want to beta test Kamoj add-on v5.1b1?

• No, I don't trust 3rd party software

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, I don't use the Voxel firmware

• No, I don't like your add-on

• Total voters
Indeed fixed the internet speed connection.

Also had issue using expressvpn i would always get authentication errors no matter what. I tried using the built in config creator, as well as pasting the config. Never connected. Latest version.
Just reinstalled express vpn myself and some countries didnt connect and some have, using config generator.

No, no, I made no good release. I must thank you - again for all help and positive attitude. :)
Thank you sir.
But I still have to find out and fix what is wrong when setting qos...
Actually @R. Gerrits and @Voxel "the great" hinted me that it could be a QoS problem. They are good...

Reactions: KW.
It's strange because the add-on contacts/pings all servers to see that they are alive.
You can PM me and I can try to find out what is wrong.
E.g. one - only one of many many servers - for another provider - don't connect using TLS 1.3, only 1.2...
If you can configure it manually, the better! Just tell me and I'll try to find out why.

Just reinstalled express vpn myself and some countries didnt connect and some have, using config generator.

It's strange because the add-on contacts/pings all servers to see that they are alive.
You can PM me and I can try to find out what is wrong.
E.g. one - only one of many many servers - for another provider - don't connect using TLS 1.3, only 1.2...
If you can configure it manually, the better! Just tell me and I'll try to find out why.
[/QUOTE
I will try a manual config .

Yes you can preserve (backup/restore) reservations.
Standby, I'll come back later here.

I just discovered that the backup file (*.cfg) done from either GUI or command prompt is corrupt!
In my case, normally it is the size of: 59048 bytes.
But now with Voxel 80SF and kamoj 5.4b2 it is 145592 bytes.
Something is very wrong. I don't understand where or why yet.
So check your config backups! What size are they?
Mine is 30276 (R7800 ; 80SF ; Kamoj not installed)

Tried a different express vpn server on a country that didnt connect and it connected but then all configs disappeared and the opvn page became unresponsive.,but still connected to internet.A reboot didnt solve the issue and had to uninstall Kamoj addon. ... Start again :)....Tommorrow

Slow vpn connection PS+TOP+SPEEDTEST.SH attached

changed mtu size in ovpn config file+ Stubby DNSCrypt on and off. All seem to have the same result. i also have noticed that even when changing mtu size the client will initiate the connection with defaults values, the openvpn client does not seem to look at all config files settings ...etc. not a value fallback rather than pre configured values if that makes sense. maybe thats the issue ? will attach vpn log as well

Attachments

• logs.txt
    12 KB · Views: 83
  • vpn log.txt
    9.9 KB · Views: 146
Thank you!
I can't see any sign of slow vpn connection in your logs, and no bad processes. All looks fine.
So what is "the issue" for you? Please explain further.

(When running "ps" command, instead use "ps -www" to get full info, please.)

Most VPN providers these days don't care about settings as buffer length etc, and MTU complaints are in your log-file.
But as general rule, the values in the .ovpn file overrides the ones on command line.
The OpenVPN client itself is from Voxel and untouched by the add-on,
but the shell around is heavily modified. So you can try run the Voxel release without add-on and see
if your MTU-settings are mainatained/accepted then!

Slow vpn connection PS+TOP+SPEEDTEST.SH attached

changed mtu size in ovpn config file+ Stubby DNSCrypt on and off. All seem to have the same result. i also have noticed that even when changing mtu size the client will initiate the connection with defaults values, the openvpn client does not seem to look at all config files settings ...etc. not a value fallback rather than pre configured values if that makes sense. maybe thats the issue ? will attach vpn log as well

This is what I get with switzerland ovpn. using config generator ....so no internet

Attachments

• IMG_3197.jpg
    IMG_3197.jpg
    184.3 KB · Views: 76
  • IMG_3199.jpg
    IMG_3199.jpg
    187.4 KB · Views: 79
  • swiss ovpn log.txt
    11.8 KB · Views: 94
I looked at your very good posting with pictures and log-file, thank you!
The log show that the internet really gets connected, the same way as for me.
If you can not get swiss to work of some reason, can you try the other 93 countries?

I saw in your log-file tyhat you use ppp0 for connection, which is important information
in finding the slowdown issue!
I've been working on a fix for the internet slowdown, and hope to release soon.
I suggest you make a go with that one!

This is what I get with switzerland ovpn. using config generator ....so no internet

Changes in kamoj-addon beta version 5.4b3
--------------------------------------------------
- Fix: Internet slowdown if QoS was enabled when installing add-on
- Restart Supervision: Better error description when OpenVPN / Wireguard Client FAILED.
- Restart Supervision: Added Supervision of stale net-wall script, to deal with
no internet because net-wall restart never finish.
- OpenVPN Client: ExpressVPN to use --remote-cert-tls instead of --ns-cert-type

Thanks for new update .This screen came up twicw while testing countries that connect in 5.4b2

Attachments

• IMG_3202.jpg
    IMG_3202.jpg
    110.7 KB · Views: 73
Ok, thank you - interesting.
Seems like the configuration is just not finished downloading yet, only 10 servers instead of 94 countries.
After selecting ExpressVPN in the dropdown list, please don't click och press anything until all servers are
loaded, which can take up to 1 minute.

Anyhow, I suggest you stop using the faulty 5.4b2 and move on to new adventures!

Thanks for new update .This screen came up twicw while testing countries that connect in 5.4b2

Started from scratch ie deleted all config files. Havent turned any settings off and internet speed good :). so thanks @kamoj .
Express ovpn seems the same as 5.4b2. countries that connected before still connect and those that didnt still dont.
Heres the log for Ireland.

Attachments

• express ireland log.txt
    14.7 KB · Views: 87
Thank you again!
Your log-file for Ireland looks very good. Connection is established and the ping test is passed.

I'm working on some other fixes but I tested Ireland and it worked just fine for me.
But I got connected to other server ip's so I guess there is a cluster of servers there somewhere,
and we get connected differently depending on where we come from?

Changes in kamoj-addon beta version 5.4b4
--------------------------------------------------
- Hidden Menus: Added: Aegis Status. Enabled if "nvram get aegis_log=1"
- Settings: Fixed bug that enabled some QoS settings after reboot.
- OpenVPN Client : Fixed kill command when more than once instance started
- Wireguard Client: Fixed kill command when more than once instance started

This is interesting This is express connected to Ireland same scenario as before but I am connected to internet ...

Attachments

• IMG_3203.jpg
    IMG_3203.jpg
    121.3 KB · Views: 60
Is your internet speed normal?
The Netgear GUI seems to be confused.
Click on the red text and let it check the connection.
Maybe it starts working.
This is interesting This is express connected to Ireland same scenario as before but I am connected to internet ...

Clicked on red text Router took me to isp login page.I logged in and it told me my details were incorrect even though I was still on the internet.So yes gui confused.
Rebooted router.back to same position with express vpn on 5.4b4. some countries work some dont.I will try all the countries.Internet speed good turned qos off.

A tip:
If you as Country select Recommended you get a list of the fastest servers whatever country its in!
Good if you only want fast connection.

Clicked on red text Router took me to isp login page.I logged in and it told me my details were incorrect even though I was still on the internet.So yes gui confused.
Rebooted router.back to same position with express vpn on 5.4b4. some countries work some dont.I will try all the countries.Internet speed good turned qos off.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!