What's new

Lack of support for TUF AX3000V2

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

s88urd

New Around Here
Hi all,
I have an Asus TUF AX3000V2, had it for around a year and although i have been happy with it there have been occasions where I felt it could be thrown out the window.
More recently (after the last firmware update) the syslog is being plagued with kernel: netlink: 12 bytes leftover after parsing attributes in process `ip' warnings every few seconds. I went through the process of factory restting, updating firmware, then gradually reintroducing wireless clients to see if I could find the culprit, but it doesnt seem to make any difference.
While this doesnt have any noticeable impact straight away, the router almost starts to grind to a halt the longer it is left. I have had it on numerous occasions now where wireless clients will disconnect and not be able to re-authenticate. The clients prompt the password is incorrect, however after rebooting the router (and not changing the client password) they connect without issue. When this happens you can see the wifi client being disconnected in the syslog but not re-authenticating.

I raised this with Asus, who advised they would re-create the issue and get back in touch. 4 months passed and I heard nothing so i reached out to them again and received a response asking me to raise an RMA with the reseller.

It also looks as if there have been no firmware updates for this unit for around 5 months (whereas they were pretty on the ball previously, releasing one every month or so)

Has anyone else with this router had random issues such as this? I also noticed the 2.5Gbps port will randomly change to 100Mbps if my modem is rebooted.

ASUS support asked you to RMA , so that is what you should do .

Last edited:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!