What's new

LAN Disconnectes, Wifi Keeps Working

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

dani1

New Around Here
Sometimes, randomly, all LAN devices disconnects (doesnt get ip, both outside and inside the network so there isnt connection to the router)
all Wifi devices are still connected without any issues. connecting and disconnecting the LAN cable doesnt fix the problem, but restarting the router or waiting a few minutes does.

tried to contact asus support with every detail i could provide, they are clueless (they're saying they cant see nothing in the logs)

router is: RT-AX56U

Welcome to the forums @dani1.

Flash the latest firmware. Reset to factory defaults. Do not import any saved backup config files.

Welcome to the forums @dani1.

Flash the latest firmware. Reset to factory defaults. Do not import any saved backup config files.
thanks for your comment
i tried to do that, the problem is occuring again. maybe 1 bad gets the whole switch to turn off? how can i test this?

Test for bad cables, buy quality Cat5e cables, and disconnect all others to see if the issue persists.

Are you running a separate switch? That piece of hardware would be suspect too. At the very least, I would be power cycling that switch. And also taking it out of the network to test.

It seems suspicious that if you wait, the LAN works again.

What else are you running on the router? Are there any scripts, options, or features you haven't mentioned yet that are running on the network?

When you say you 'tried' to do a reset, what exactly did you do?

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!