What's new

Entware Mailx installation

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

deveals

Occasional Visitor
Hello and good day! Attempting to create performance monitoring scripts/reports and would like to forward output as a SMTP email attachment using MailX:
Code:
echo "Test email body text" | mailx -s "Test email subject" -a output.txt someone@gmail.com

Recieving the following error message:
Code:
/opt/sbin/sendmail: No such file or directory

Searched/located sendmail
Code:
find / -name sendmail
/usr/sbin/sendmail

As a test, I copied /usr/sbin/sendmail to /opt/sbin/sendmail .. SMTP email attempt failed again:
Code:
cp /usr/sbin/sendmail /opt/sbin/sendmail
echo "Test email body" | mailx -s "Test email subject" -a output.txt someone@gmail.com
send-mail: applet not found
rm /opt/sbin/sendmail

SMTP email test via amtm is successful; SMTP email test using basic sendmail is also successful but unable to specify subject, add body text, and attach file (all needed).

In advance, your consideration and suggestions are appreciated.

As mailx is looking for the Entware version of sendmail (postfix) it might be easiest if you just install that.

Hello! Prompt review and suggestion appreciated! As suggested, I installed postfix and located the following:
Code:
find / -name sendmail*
/tmp/mnt/sda/entware/sbin/sendmail.postfix

I retried the mailx command and the error continues ... should I try:
1. copying /tmp/mnt/sda/entware/sbin/sendmail.postfix to /opt/sbin/sendmail (know how)
2. linking /opt/sbin/sendmail to /tmp/mnt/sda/entware/sbin/sendmail.postfix (don't know and requires research)
3. something else