What's new

Installation and features of YazDHCP

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

TheLyppardMan

Very Senior Member
I have all my main (29 at present) network devices on fixed IP addresses, icons and custom names, like this:

Screenshot - 01_06_2023 , 20_21_52.jpg

My router is running on the latest Merlin firmware. If I were to install YazDHCP, would that make backing up and restoring my static clients a more simple process than having to manually backup/restore the three relevant files I was advised to do in a previous thread? If the answer is yes, then what would be the correct process to follow to ensure that I didn't lose my current list of static IP clients or end up with duplicates, like I have read about on another thread?

Why not see the YazDHCP thread?
And the YazDHCP GitHub page...
Both explain what it does.

Simple answer is yes. Install YazDHCP. Then export the reserved DHCP IP addresses. If you ever have to reset the router, just reinstall YazDHCP post router reconfiguration and import the previously exported YazDHCP file. Just note that there may be some limitations currently with YazDHCP. One being custom icons may not be exported (a development version I think was working on that, see later posts in main YazDHCP thread). Been using YazDHCP for a number of years now (and now across two different routers), never seen duplicate entries.