What's new

Entware atmt freeze on entware installation

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Olndo Pindaro

Regular Contributor
RT-AX86S - Merlin 388.2.2

try to install with AMTM entaware terminal freeze here. I can do? (for installing i used the diversiti site option)

Thanks
Olind0

1687018609847.png

Attachments

• syslog.txt
    292.6 KB · Views: 34
That‘s because you have Download Master installed. I should have included that check that Diversion does into the amtm code. Entware and Download master CANNOT coexist on the router because they both use the /tmp/opt link.

thanks I realized. now i tried to install rtorrent... failed, deluge... failed and now i have the usb full of conflitting rubish. Reformat pen and try again ?

But i kindly ask you tu suggest a tutorial for installing a download manager that works.
Thnaks you your kindness
Olindo

thanks I realized. now i tried to install rtorrent... failed, deluge... failed and now i have the usb full of conflitting rubish. Reformat pen and try again ?

But i kindly ask you tu suggest a tutorial for installing a download manager that works.
Thnaks you your kindness
Olindo
Reformat is a good option. I cannot give advice on a working download manager for a router as mine is installed on a separate Linux box. The router is not an ideal file handler for such large files.
Search the forum for posts, there are several.

@Olndo Pindaro, go easy on this router because it has very little RAM available after boot. You perhaps noticed already. It's a good router for whatever is available in Asuswrt, but may struggle with add-ons in Asuswrt-Merlin. External HDD attached to it - not recommended. Swap file won't help.

1. formated usb-clean
  2. clean up jffs
  3. amtm entware install
  4. opkg install rtorrent-easy-install
  5. Starting lighttpd... already running.
    Starting rtorrent... failed.
    Collected errors:
    * pkg_run_script: package "rtorrent-easy-install" postinst script returned status 255.
    * opkg_configure: rtorrent-easy-install.postinst returned 255.
    olindo@RT-AX86S-01C8:/tmp/home/root#
    where i can investigate?